Please help: MSI K7T Pro2 RU + AMD XP 1800+

G

Hi all, need some advice on setting up a stable system. Setup is a MSI K7T Pro2 RU, AMD XP 1800+, 512MB Crucial PC2100, IBM Deskstar 60GXP drives, and an Visiontek AGP graphics card. Running updated Windows ME. All MSI bios/system drivers are updated.

First problem I'm having is that there's a constant detection of "PCI Universal Serial Bus" upon bootup, and I can't seem to find the right drivers for it, either from MSI's site/CD ROM, or Windows ME. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Can't overclock FSB over 135mHz (crashes), which is pretty lame, considering I've put in a Silverado heatsink which keeps things below 50 degrees most of the time. Memory is set to CAS2.

Can anyone provide BIOS Settings pointers? Any specific resources for this particular motherboard/CPU combination?

Thanks much.
Yellow Sub

G

Hi, this board has a small BIOS bug that can cause a slew of problems. In order to fix it you must disable CPU temperature warning in the BIOS. Hopefully they will release a BIOS update to fix this, but until then give this a try. It seems to have fixed alot of problems for other people. Let me know if that clears up the problem.