Chaintech or bad case?

G

I am having a lot of trouble with a new AJA2 motherboard, 1.2 AMD cpu,512 ram, and all I get is the fan runs for about 2 seconds & thats it. Is it possible that the Codegen case is bad?? I have tried everything , including a second motherboard, that I can think of. When I bought the case it said Pentium 4 ready but I assumed that it would be ok for AMD also. Am I wrong? I hate to buy another new case if this one is not the problem. CAn anyone help?? I am at the end & I need help. Thanks so much.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've never had a bad case. Make sure those metal post that hold your motherboard in (called "Standoffs") are in the right positions, having one in the wrong location where it shorts out your motherboard is the most likely cause of your porblems.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

Thanks, I didn't know you have to have them in certain places, do you happen to know where they go?? But, I'll move them again & see. Also, there weren't any washers that came with the case, should I get some? I figure it has to be a ground problem somewhere, I just can't figure it out... Thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Match them up with the holes in your motherboard! Then when you get done,double check that you have used as many screws as post! You don't need washers, in fact some motherboards work better without them (due to grounding lugs).

What's the frequency, Kenneth?