Compaq Presario 7470

Locks on start up, no beep codes, no video and no keyboard lights.

Any suggestions?

KC

Reset CMOS and/or replace CMOS battery. Remove all devices/drives/cards and
determine if any of them are the cause.

Dale

Did the CMOS reset and replaced battery. Only card in it is the PCI
Modem. Still no POST error/beep codes. Lights are on for the keyboard, and
power. Owner says it just wouldn't power up one day. No preceding
behavioral to indicate any impending hardware failure. I wonder if it's
just a dead o/b video chip? Will try adding a PCI video card. Hopefully it
will auto detect that(?). If not I'm still open to suggestions.

KC