Compaq Presario 7470

Locks on start up, no beep codes, no video and no keyboard lights.

Any suggestions?

KC
2 answers Last reply
More about compaq presario 7470

    Reset CMOS and/or replace CMOS battery. Remove all devices/drives/cards and
    determine if any of them are the cause.

    Dale

    Did the CMOS reset and replaced battery. Only card in it is the PCI
    Modem. Still no POST error/beep codes. Lights are on for the keyboard, and
    power. Owner says it just wouldn't power up one day. No preceding
    behavioral to indicate any impending hardware failure. I wonder if it's
    just a dead o/b video chip? Will try adding a PCI video card. Hopefully it
    will auto detect that(?). If not I'm still open to suggestions.

    KC

    "DEJ57" <dej57@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Reset CMOS and/or replace CMOS battery. Remove all devices/drives/cards
    and
    > determine if any of them are the cause.
    >
    > Dale

Compaq Light Presario Video Keyboards Computers