MSI Claims ''World's Fastest'' Single-GPU Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

thlillyr

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
I seem to remember huge artical hyping up that toms overclocked a graphics card to 1 ghz for the first time ever. Somthing along those lines it was about a year agon i think. And here we have a graphics card a 1.4 ghz out of the box! Am i reading that correctly? Cause if it is THATS FRIGGING AWSOME AND I"M SOO GETTING ONE! Or if my wife says no then I"M SOO GETTING A GTX 580 when it comes out.

Hmmm using this might be cheaper to use than central heat during what is to be the coldest winter in living memory but right now no thanks temps are still rising outside and the sun has gone down. Solar activity has gone through the roof in the past two weeks.

G

MSI is just getting better and better with their products. Love it.

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Ramar[/nom]READ:http://www.msi.com/index.php?func= [...] cat_no=130750mhz core.Derp.[/citation]

Actually, my derp. MSI has a screenshot with 1450mhz clock.

Even so, someone messed up and sold this card short lol.

G

What! You need two PCI-e 8-pins and one PCI-e 6-pin? Oh well... I guess by looking at the MSI board, i can somehow add a water block and overclock it over 1.1 ghz, if the MSI enchantments really work better than the reference one. At those speeds, it will be faster than a 5870 crossfire configuration.

Bogus. Note 1: "The world record is broken by N480GTX Lightning under LN2 extreme overclocking."
So, with the stock cooler (even if it is a good one), you won't get anywhere near there.
Nothing but hype. Next...

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Save the money and wait for the 580 to drop.[/citation]
Like an article before, I have to say a non-cut down versionof Fermi is not worth the wait. If you want want to wait go ahead I'm going to grab a Radeon HD 6970 and see if its the single gpu king.

As a quarter of the article is about their new cooler, how do you use LN2 with an air cooler? 1450 core would probably be sucking down 350-500W, so the card that accomplished this is really only related to this one in the PCB/ components used. Nice card for sure, but you won't get this card above 1GHz core.

Status
Not open for further replies.