Recycle Bin Problem

December 24, 2004 11:37:07 AM

When I delete a folder it disappears but does not show up in the recycle bin.
The bin always shows 2 items but they don't show up in the window or empty
when I "empty bin" What should I do?
--
Thanks

More about : recycle bin problem

Anonymous
December 25, 2004 11:59:50 AM

Note: Files that were previously deleted will be permanently erased from the Recycle
Bin.

Create a notepad document and save it (any name will do).
Now delete the file so that it goes to the recycle bin.
Empty the recycle-bin.

To test, create another file and then delete it – does it now show up in the recycle
bin?

If not, then continue on to the following site for more information.

Files Do Not Show Up in Recycle Bin When Deleted
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;168570

Troubleshooting the Recycle Bin:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_qr.htm#rb

!