weird problem: 17inch monitor make boot fail

G

Hi everyone,

This problem is so weird. I just bought a new computer. Azza KT133A mainboard, TNT2 m64 video card, duron850 CPU, maxtor 40G hard drive. I tried two brand new 17 inch
monitors(envision780 and philips107T). Eight of ten times, boot failed. Blank screen, nothing appeared, no beep. Once it boots successfully, restart on windows2000 always works. However, when I tried an old 15 inch monitor(sony E100), no problem at all. I do not want to use an 15 inch monitor.

Anybody has any clues? Thank you very much!

Leo

BuGaLoU

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
I'd try to just re seat the card. I had a problem once where Changing the monitor plug wiggled the agp card around and caused boot falures periodically. Reseating fixed it up though.

Monitor difference shouldn't matter though cause you are using an analog output.. Gotta just be a coiencidence

Computer: $2000 Internet Access: $40 Registering for forums: Free A good signature: Priceless

G

Thank you very much.

I tried another AGP card(savage4), pluged and unpluged both two cards many times, pluged an unpluged all monitors many times. The situation remains the same. The 15" monitor ALWAYS works and 17" monitors did not boot ALMOST all the time. I am sure grip contact is not the problem, all monitors are good and monitor connetors are the same.

It's really weird. But it's true.

More ideas? Thank you.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is most commonly caused by having multiple monitors in device manager, boot to safe mode, remove all monitors in device manager, and then attach one of the 17's and let winblows re-install it.

Another Cookie? Who is going to pay my dentist bill?