problem with opening folders

dangerdave

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2004

i have a major problem with opening folders, as soon as i open any folder
"windows has encountered a problem and needs to close" box comes up, then
just restarts windows, my computer worked fine the last time i used it and
hasnt got any viruses or trogens, also the power toolbar has gone. can anyone
please help me?

If you are *really* certain that there are no viruses or spyware of any
kind, do the following in the order indicated:

1. Use System Restore to restore your system to a point in time immediately
before the problem started.

If that does not solve your problem:

2. Re-install Windows

"How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

Ted Zieglar