My system freezes up quite frequently.. We sent it to the shop and they
changed out the motherboard. It is still doing it--freezing up. The mouse
pointer goes away and the only thing that we can do is re-boot. We've lost
whatever we were working on.

What's the problem?

Thanks,

Tim

There is no easy answer to your problem. The first step is always to check
for viruses and spyware. You need to be 100% certain that there are
absolutely no viruses or spyware of any kind.

If you are *really" sure that there are no viruses:

1. Open Device Manager and notice if any of your hardware has a yellow or
red symbol next to them. If so, that's likely your problem.

2. Your computer may be overheating. Open the case and clean out the dust
and dirt.

3. You could have bad RAM or a failing power supply.

4. "How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316434

Ted Zieglar

"Tim N.Perkins" <tperkins@brightok.net> wrote in message
> My system freezes up quite frequently.. We sent it to the shop and they
> changed out the motherboard. It is still doing it--freezing up. The
> mouse pointer goes away and the only thing that we can do is re-boot.
> We've lost whatever we were working on.
>
> What's the problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

carlos

Distinguished
May 5, 2002

Tim,
Start by opening eventvwr (start/ run/ eventvwr) and then
open the Security, System and Application files. I have
found some of my problems this way. If you spot an error
doble-click on it and it gives you additional
information.
Carlos