My New RAM won't work

I currently have one RAM card which is 512MB DDR400 PC3200 and I wanted more
so I looked in my mother board maual and it says the max it can take is 3
DDR333 cards. So I recently bought a 1.0GB DDR333 PC2700 with the intention
of buying 2 more later. I swapped old for new card and the PC froze on the
first Boot screen so I turned it off and tried the old card and the PC booted
ok. So I tried with the new card again and the PC did it's beeping as if
there was no RAM at all. So I turn off make sure the card connected properly
and I got the beeping again. Then I tried both cards together and I got the
same frozen boot screen again.
At the moment I'm stuck, is there a special way of installing new RAM? Have
I got the wrong type of RAM? Please Help
ta
Gary
1 answer Last reply
More about work

    You need to buy RAM that is specifically designed for your computer, and you
    need to buy good quality (e.g. not from Walmart) RAM.

    To choose wisely, go to the website of one of the quality manufacturers and
    use their RAM selection tool. For example: Crucial (www.crucial.com).

    Ted Zieglar

    "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I currently have one RAM card which is 512MB DDR400 PC3200 and I wanted
    >more
    > so I looked in my mother board maual and it says the max it can take is 3
    > DDR333 cards. So I recently bought a 1.0GB DDR333 PC2700 with the
    > intention
    > of buying 2 more later. I swapped old for new card and the PC froze on the
    > first Boot screen so I turned it off and tried the old card and the PC
    > booted
    > ok. So I tried with the new card again and the PC did it's beeping as if
    > there was no RAM at all. So I turn off make sure the card connected
    > properly
    > and I got the beeping again. Then I tried both cards together and I got
    > the
    > same frozen boot screen again.
    > At the moment I'm stuck, is there a special way of installing new RAM?
    > Have
    > I got the wrong type of RAM? Please Help
    > ta
    > Gary

RAM Microsoft Windows XP