Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Last response: in Video Games
November 19, 2011 5:21:23 PM

I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this game. when it was first announced i was thinking it would be a good distraction until tes:v came out. now, even though i want to, i just really am not looking forward to it.

More about : kingdoms amalur reckoning

Best solution

November 19, 2011 10:03:20 PM

tjosborne said:
I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this game. when it was first announced i was thinking it would be a good distraction until tes:v came out. now, even though i want to, i just really am not looking forward to it.

The game isn't due to february so It's more the other way around, with Skyrim being a god timesink till' then.

I'm personally looking forward to it because so far - EVERY SINGLE decision 38S/BHG have taken regarding this franchise makes me happy.

Reckoning is shaping up to become how I exactly want my SRPG to be like, the lore to the world is breathtaking and deep. The MMO is on it's way (will starting to be showned in 5 months or so)

This game isn't just a one-off thing from them. It's the start of a brand new franchise which I personally believe in.
It's both visually and fictionally high-fantasy so it adds a AAA high-fantasy RPG to the market (which is really needed)

Getting down to mechanics I mean - It's an open world game sprawling with quests,factions,stories, REAL bossbattles and events (not generated *** without VO).
A very deep and dynamic loot system aswell as meaningful and customizable crafting with sets and setbonuses, awesome looking items, unparalleled animation and combat in the RPG genre(one of the things they innovate on in the genre), full (high quality) voice over, graphically a breath of fresh air IMO.

The only things I dislike about the game is that the polygon count seems pretty low so it isn't as crisp as it should be on the console versions.
The face animations seem kinda outdated during cutscenes.

Overall it's my most anticipated game and tbh I haven't been this excited for a game for a couple of years. It's great to see a new franchise make it's way into a genre which is hard to penetrate (hurrdurr) where it has been far and long between good products.
November 19, 2011 11:35:44 PM

the reason why i think im not looking forward to it that much anymore is i think it looks too much like fable. fable 1 is still one of my alltime favorites, but 2 was a huge letdown and i completely hated 3. I know they are different games and developers but the artstyle and gameplay look alot alike.
Score
Related resources
November 21, 2011 5:30:53 AM

It seems to me that it's a much more mature rated Fable type game with more choices which is a good thing. It doesn't hurt that Mr. Rolston formerly of Bethesda , R.A Salvatore, and Todd Mcfarlane is involved in the project.
Score
December 13, 2011 1:48:18 AM

Best answer selected by tjosborne.
Score
!