Billy57

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2001
Anyone having problems with this monitoring program. I keep getting messages that my cpu fan is below theshold and it's not. Could I have a voltage problem. I have a A7V board with AMD 1200 cpu and 250 watt power supply.

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
I have an ASUS CUSL2-C and sometimes the alarm goes off saying the cpu fan has stopped when it really has not. You might want to think about a larger PU. The probe could be telling the truth.

<font color=blue>Will Rogers never liked me.</font color=blue>

svol

Champion
I also sometimes had that message, although I have a 350W powersupply. I think it's a bug in the program, so try it with a different one, such as Motherboard Monitor (MBM).

I also recommend a PSU with at least 300W, or better 350W power.

Do not make illegal copies of this post :wink:

G

i've had a couple different problems with asus probe. the latest is it can't see the psu fan speed at all. i have an antec 400w, and the bios hw monitor sees it fine, so...

try a different hw monitor (but check out your cpu fan when you get the alarm just to be sure)

'What kind of Idea are you?'

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
Billy, Excellent choice for power supply especially if you ever want to overclock. I have one and am very pleased. This is another forum member's site and you should be able to download the motherboard monitor from there. Good luck! <A HREF="http://www.calvsplace.cwc.net/downloads.html" target="_new">http://www.calvsplace.cwc.net/downloads.html</A>

<font color=blue>Will Rogers never liked me.</font color=blue>

G

Hello;
This is my first attempt at "posting" and participating in a tech community dialogue. Nonetheless, i have several "home bench" machines dating from an 8088 tiawan clone to my newer asus cusl2-c. I noticed from the trail of postings that I made my way through that you've got an ASUS CUSL2-C machine. Does your mb have the "step B" chipset? How can you check and determine what step the particular i815ep chipset is? I've currently got an older, 600MGHz celeron and would like to plug a newer, tualatin PIII into the 370 socket. If I don't have the newer, step B chipset can I buy an adapter for the tualatin? Thanks for any point in the right direction.

homebody