hjarloprillar

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
greets

I cant describe the animosity i have for steam.

They hijacked the games i bought with good money.. and made them worthless

IF . i was a violent man. steam would be a dead zone

Prill

That i cannot buy skyrim and play it..Because steam wants to download the entire game to me . Because steam is a pile of crap.
makes me cry

DM186

Splendid
You Know why this is don't you? The Devs contracked steam to do this so it cuts down on Piracy it is a service because of the craked games out there. Unless all the games you bought are Illegal type and if they are you won't get any help here on Toms hardware. I see a lot of people have look at this thread and have passed you up. Makes you wonder why Huh

Have you got a hard copy of the game? If so, install from the disc before you connect to Steam; that will cut down the download size significantly.

Trist_58

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Steam does irritate me also. It's harmless tho, and like ^this guy said, it won't d/l too much if u install from the dvd. I'm having troubles launching it through Tridef Ignition now for some reason, wasn't doing this before the last update...

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
I don't understand this thread. It's basically a rage about a point I don't really get - if you buy a digital copy, you'll have to DL the game. That's pretty obvious.

EDIT: Also, "Verify integrity of game cache".

A bit pointless, isn't it?