Battlefield 3 DirectX Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hi all,
i love bf3 , couldnt play for a while finishing the run :)
so the problem is when i start bf3 a black screen appears and after some time game crashes
my rig : http://www.xfire.com/profile/utkarsh74 , scroll down for rig
i can play other games but not this one
i have a pic but cant upload , dont know how to , tell me how and i can upload.

the exact error:

DirectX Error
DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands.. GPU: "AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series", Driver: 11.10(8.902-111012a-127455c-ATI)

DespicableQu

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
I have the same problem, I been trying to find a solution for this.. I tried about everything... I updated direct X, my graphics card, uninstall bf3 and re install, and some other things. I think its an issue from EA/Origin, hopefully they fix it.

iirc amd !@#$ed up drivers for bf3, they're notorious for releasing buggy drivers whenever a new high demanding game launches. use a driver sweeping program to remove all amd gfx drivers and try a fresh install of drivers. or try searching google/bf3 forums for people with the same problem as yours.

what is your psu?
did you change something in your pc recently?
did rebooting pc work?
did you insert gfc card's pcie power cables properly?
and make up your mind about what your problem is and how can you solve it. arguing about which is better is useless. you already have the secong most powerful single gpu card from amd - overclocked. you should be fine with it. also read tom's recent bf3 performance analysis.
edit: also try googling the error code you received when bf3 crashed.

G

i have seen many people are getting the very same problem doesnt matter which card.
waiting for a patch till that mw3 xD

G

nvidia just pay them to add it in the starting and thats why they are highly overpriced.
ati does but only on atari games or some other.
crysis 2 would run same on a ati and a nvidia equivalent cards

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Yes, mate, I get the idea, but to be influenced to a such degree by mere advertising, cause that's what it actually is, that's just sad; sounds like we're reduced to the stage where we're all sheep.

Anyways, I've used in the past Nvidia cards, as well as ATI ones; they're all the same bunch to me, all with their shortcomings and good parts as well. But there's no chance I'd favor one company over the other just because I get to see "Nvidia - The way it's meant to be played" or "AMD - Gaming evolved." I think people tend to favor one over the other because of the quality - price ratio. Well, most people that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.