dual bios???

flywheel

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2001
What is dual bios? I've never heard of this before until I read one of the threads below.

<font color=red>all this HARDware nonsense is giving me a headache!</font color=red> :frown:

G

Gigabytes dual bios is a back-up bios feature. I don't know if there are any more advantages to dual bios other that back-up.
I actually got a Gigabyte GA-7VTX-H today. I'm going to try this board out just for fun.

System:
Epox 8K7A
1.33 T-Bird@1540mhz(140x11)
S.B. Live
IBM 60 gig

DaveGOD

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2001
i have that same board, still waiting to get the graphix card before i can use it though :(

from reading the manual yeah its just that, a backup, they even call it that in the manual. could be a board saver though.

there are other BIOS features on that board (and proly other gigabyte ones) like uh extra settings that are proly on every board that tries to be overclocker-friendly, virus checker (actually just prevents any writes to bios & boot sectors); "@BIOS" - some thingy to make flashing easier; "Easy Tune 3" - a windows based overclocking program. can u tell im impatient for my GF3Ti200?

"Bring out the dead..."
"I'm not dead yet!"
"Yes you are!"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by DaveGOD on 11/21/01 06:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>