Sign in with
Your question

Can't run Rage after installed new graphic card... help.

Last response: in Video Games
November 20, 2011 6:29:55 AM

My old graphic card that I used that work and can run Rage was Nvidia GT 430. Then I installed a new graphic card and its driver, Radeon HD 6850, replacing the Nvidia GT 430.

Is this some kind of driver issue or something?

Whenever I started the Rage application my screen resolution turns to 600 x 800 or something (because the error message box is big), and my screen resolution is 1680 x 1050.

The error message reads: "The program has stopped working". It works well without any problem when I used the previous graphic card. The graphic card right now is far more better than the previous one.

Are there any way to get around this?
November 20, 2011 9:53:22 AM

Well it's something wrong with the GPU, but have you installed it properly? Maybe it's just some software issue, try reinstalling the GPU driver and all the other game requirements.
m
l
November 20, 2011 10:52:23 AM

st4rkill3r said:
Well it's something wrong with the GPU, but have you installed it properly? Maybe it's just some software issue, try reinstalling the GPU driver and all the other game requirements.

The GPU and other game requirements is installed correctly. I played Skyrim on high setting on GT 430 and now all maxed out using Radeon HD 6850 after it is installed. Other games worked properly just as before, except for Rage which stopped working. Anymore solution?
m
l
Related resources
November 24, 2011 1:56:54 AM

1. make sure that the old driver is gone. i upgraded an nvidia card to an ati and i had some problems too. To get rid of the drivers, I used driver magician.
now try... still not working?
2. are other games working? if so, uninstall rage, then reinstall it. if not, go to 3
working now?
3. make sure you drivers are up-to-date. (check amd's website)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
November 24, 2011 10:48:14 AM

make sure you have fully unistalled the nvidia drivers. use a removal tool in safemode to make sure you get em all.
reboot the machine and install the drivers from amd.
also make sure that the hal is updated properly you may also want to run a repair install. if the system is to unstable.
as this will re-enable any amd drivers in the Hardware abstraction layer of the install. which should enable you to run the amd drivers without issue.
to do this just use the win7/xp/vista boot disk and click repair install when given the option.
m
l
!