Compaq Presario 5020 Bios Question

How do I get into the BIOS of a Compaq Presario 5020?
2 answers Last reply
More about compaq presario 5020 bios question

    From the Compaq FAQ posted here weekly:

    "Q) How do I enter the BIOS on my Presario?
    A) Normally, hitting F10 at the Compaq logo (cursor to upper right corner)
    at bootup. If this does not work, it means you have an earlier model, 1996
    or earlier, that retains Setup info on a small non-DOS partition at the
    front of the hard drive, not in ROM, and this partition is damaged or
    missing. Most Commercial desktops/notebooks (DeskPros, Prolineas,
    Armadas/Elites, etc.) also have this partition. If this is the case, go
    here:

    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/

    Select your model desktop or notebook and download the Softpaq for Computer
    Setup. Run this SoftPaq and it will create a boot floppy from which you can
    enter the BIOS. You might want to download the Personal Computer Diagnostics
    SoftPaq as well."

    KC
    "Tiggs" <tiggs@ucwphilly.rr.com> wrote in message
    > How do I get into the BIOS of a Compaq Presario 5020?

    Thanks so much.

    "Kevin Childers" <kchilder@mail.win.org> wrote in message
    > From the Compaq FAQ posted here weekly:
    >
    > "Q) How do I enter the BIOS on my Presario?
    > A) Normally, hitting F10 at the Compaq logo (cursor to upper right
    corner)
    > at bootup. If this does not work, it means you have an earlier model, 1996
    > or earlier, that retains Setup info on a small non-DOS partition at the
    > front of the hard drive, not in ROM, and this partition is damaged or
    > missing. Most Commercial desktops/notebooks (DeskPros, Prolineas,
    > Armadas/Elites, etc.) also have this partition. If this is the case, go
    > here:
    >
    > http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/
    >
    > Select your model desktop or notebook and download the Softpaq for
    Computer
    > Setup. Run this SoftPaq and it will create a boot floppy from which you
    can
    > enter the BIOS. You might want to download the Personal Computer
    Diagnostics
    > SoftPaq as well."
    >

    > KC
    > "Tiggs" <tiggs@ucwphilly.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > How do I get into the BIOS of a Compaq Presario 5020?

Compaq BIOS Presario Computers