Kyo 7135 questions

I've got a Kyo 7135. I was wondering if there is any way to have a
hands-free headset that will work when the flip is closed. I would like
to be able to answer/call out with the flip closed...just activate the
phone through the headset.

TIA

Tom S.
Houston, TX

Tom Simchak wrote:
> I've got a Kyo 7135. I was wondering if there is any way to have a
> hands-free headset that will work when the flip is closed. I would
> like to be able to answer/call out with the flip closed...just
> activate the phone through the headset.

You can answer with a voice command.
You can call out if it's plugged into a car kit (maybe just power?).

So if you just have the headset plugged in and you receive a call
you will hear "Incoming call, answer?". You speak the magic
word that you have trained for "yes" and you're connected.

For outbound voice calling (without the car kit) you would have
to open the flip and press the dial button. You then get prompted
with "Say a name" and it will dial the number you have attached
the voice tag to.

I believe that with the car kit (I don't have one) you would tell
it to wake up with your magic pre-recorded wakeup phrase
and you would get the say a name prompt.

-Quick

| I believe that with the car kit (I don't have one) you would tell
| it to wake up with your magic pre-recorded wakeup phrase
| and you would get the say a name prompt.

I use the car kit and you are correct - and it will "sense" hangup or
silence and hang itself up as well....

The car kit is a dynamite full duplex speakerphone and can be had on eBay
for a good price - I've bought two NIB for sixteen bucks plus shipping.....

PC

Begin Quick quote:

; You can answer with a voice command.
; You can call out if it's plugged into a car kit (maybe just power?).

Car kit or power+headset. IOW, it needs both external power and
external speaker/mic plugged in.

; For outbound voice calling (without the car kit) you would have
; to open the flip and press the dial button. You then get prompted
; with "Say a name" and it will dial the number you have attached
; the voice tag to.

Doesn't matter if it's a car kit or power+headset. All you have to do
is say the phrase you trained as "wake up" twice to get the voice dial
prompt.

; I believe that with the car kit (I don't have one) you would tell
; it to wake up with your magic pre-recorded wakeup phrase
; and you would get the say a name prompt.

Yes. Or with power+headset. I have both.

Note that it requires external power. This means that if the idea is
to be able to do this while walking around the office or street, it
won't work. My guess is that it was designed primarily for handsfree
use while driving as a safety thing, not as a general convenience
thing. I'm told that the voice recognition system is a power drain, so
it is hard-switched to there being external power.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"So what's your impression of Alar?" "That he is concealing
something." "Like what?" "I am unsure - he is concealing it." - Jack
O'Neill and Teal'c, SG1

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

> Note that it requires external power. This means that if the idea is
> to be able to do this while walking around the office or street, it
> won't work. My guess is that it was designed primarily for handsfree
> use while driving as a safety thing, not as a general convenience
> thing. I'm told that the voice recognition system is a power drain,
> so it is hard-switched to there being external power.

In order to "wake up" the phone has to continuously monitor the
mic audio and continuously compare samples to the pre-recorded
"wake up" phrase. The phone is not actually "sleeping" at all but
running the processor full throttle 100% of the time. Battery wouldn't
last very long...

-Quick