pc running slow

i have cable and mp xp is running to slow like i have too many things
running in the background or too many things opening at start up help

--
quick

If you have "too many things running in the background" perhaps you should
reduce the number of things you have running in the background.

Ted Zieglar

"quick" <quick.1hyf50@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> i have cable and mp xp is running to slow like i have too many things
> running in the background or too many things opening at start up help
>

> --
> quick

This could be just about anything.....starting with your ISP to your network
all the way to your memory (or lack of).

Here's a couple of sure fire ways to pick up some speed... go here

"quick" wrote:

> i have cable and mp xp is running to slow like i have too many things
> running in the background or too many things opening at start up help
>

> --
> quick

To conclude...I would start by going here >> http://www.lavasoft.de and
downloading the free version of Ad-Aware (called SE or Personal). After
downloading and installing that be sure to also get the 7 free 'addons"
available right below the link you used to get Ad-Aware. Download and install
those then run a "full system scan" with Ad-Aware. You're sure to help
yourself there. I run that at least 3 times a week, depending on how much I'm
on the web.

I suggest that after you've completed you Ad-Aware run and deleted all of
that mess I would run the disk cleanup util in Windows. It's in Start\All
Programs\\Accessories\\System Tools. After that's done you should "analize"
you HD with Disk Defrag (found the same place as Disk Cleanup). If it
recommends defragging then go to it. This may take quite a while depending on
how large your HD is, and the last time it was ran.

Those 3 things will help a bunch I'd bet. You can try another product for a
15 day free trial called PC Surgeon. It's quite a bit more technical than
Ad-Aware and doesn't have the easy user interface, but it's sure to do a
great job above and beyond the 1st three things I mentioned.

***NOTE: If you decide to try PC Surgeon be VERY careful....you can easily
destroy some of your systems resources if you don't know what you're
doing.****

You could also go to http://www.majorgeeks.com in the "Utilities" tab on the
right and pick out 1 of many "freeware" utils that will help you pick up some
valuable space on your hard drive and get rid of a lot of junk.

I suggest