How manage Welcome screen on resumes from standby?

December 28, 2004 5:26:53 PM

I have two computers under WinXP. First computer shows Welcome screen when
resumes from standby, second computer does not shows. I tried to change this
by the Group Policy setting <<Prompt for password on resume from hibernate /
suspend>> (Group Policy/User Configuration/Administrative
Templates/System/Power Management), but it's vain. WinXP does not react to
change this setting.

Can somebody give me a clue, how manage Welcome screen on resumes from
standby?

Thanks in advance

Lev
December 28, 2004 5:26:54 PM

Make sure the "Use Welcome screen" check box is cleared for the user account.
ControlPanel>UserAccounts>ChangeTheWayUsersLogOn/Off
-dan

!