Processes running in task manager

Every so often, in Task Manager, I'll see processes running that I have no
idea what they are (no related application running under the App tab) but the
names seem odd. There doesn't appear to be any problems and Norton is
up-to-date and scans are clean. How can I find out what apps these
executables belong to? (i.e Amoumain.exe, E_A10IC2.exe).

thanks
tom
2 answers Last reply
More about processes running task manager

    Startup Applications
    http://www.sysinfo.org/startupinfo.html

    Ted Zieglar

    "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every so often, in Task Manager, I'll see processes running that I have no
    > idea what they are (no related application running under the App tab) but
    > the
    > names seem odd. There doesn't appear to be any problems and Norton is
    > up-to-date and scans are clean. How can I find out what apps these
    > executables belong to? (i.e Amoumain.exe, E_A10IC2.exe).
    >
    > thanks
    > tom

    Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Every so often, in Task Manager, I'll see processes running that I have no
    >idea what they are (no related application running under the App tab) but the
    >names seem odd. There doesn't appear to be any problems and Norton is
    >up-to-date and scans are clean. How can I find out what apps these
    >executables belong to? (i.e Amoumain.exe, E_A10IC2.exe).
    >
    >thanks
    >tom

    1. http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

    2. Google www.google.com
    Amoumain.exe = 3,000 hits. It is a driver for an A4Tech Wireless
    Mouse
    E_A10IC2.exe = 589 hits. It is a driver file for Epson Sylus C80
    Printer

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --