Jim

Basically a new xp installation using the same cd rom drive. After the
installation, I spend a few days to get familiar with the xp features. Next
install the modem. Now, why is that it cannot recognised the cd rom drive? [I
cannot tell for sure whether cd rom drive does not work immediately after the
modem installation as I did not try using the cd rom then. Any idea as what
could be wrong with the cd rom drive? Thanks

Jim

Upgraded recently to XP Home Edition. Now CD ROM, DVD R/RW "driver
corrupted or missing. Code 39." I will watch for progress you make on this
site. Good luck
Pissanit

"jim" wrote:

> Basically a new xp installation using the same cd rom drive. After the
> installation, I spend a few days to get familiar with the xp features. Next
> install the modem. Now, why is that it cannot recognised the cd rom drive? [I
> cannot tell for sure whether cd rom drive does not work immediately after the
> modem installation as I did not try using the cd rom then. Any idea as what
> could be wrong with the cd rom drive? Thanks

Jim

Pissanit you know too,

There is no error for me to work on. Hope you have sorted out your problem.
May have to take to the shop unless Santa is kind enough as cannot be keep
running around using my friend's pc, thanks

"Pissanit" wrote:

> Jim
>
> Upgraded recently to XP Home Edition. Now CD ROM, DVD R/RW "driver
> corrupted or missing. Code 39." I will watch for progress you make on this
> site. Good luck
> Pissanit
>
> "jim" wrote:
>
> > Basically a new xp installation using the same cd rom drive. After the
> > installation, I spend a few days to get familiar with the xp features. Next
> > install the modem. Now, why is that it cannot recognised the cd rom drive? [I
> > cannot tell for sure whether cd rom drive does not work immediately after the
> > modem installation as I did not try using the cd rom then. Any idea as what
> > could be wrong with the cd rom drive? Thanks

Thanks Jim. I received directions from GatewaY beginning with REGEDIT,
deleting "Upperlifters" and "Lowerlifters" which resolved the problem
beautifully. Let me know if you wish me to share details. Happy New Year.
Desmond

"jim" wrote:

> Basically a new xp installation using the same cd rom drive. After the
> installation, I spend a few days to get familiar with the xp features. Next
> install the modem. Now, why is that it cannot recognised the cd rom drive? [I
> cannot tell for sure whether cd rom drive does not work immediately after the
> modem installation as I did not try using the cd rom then. Any idea as what
> could be wrong with the cd rom drive? Thanks

Jim

Please let me know the details, nothing to loose if it does not work. Happy
New Year too,