Keyboard stops working in battlefield 3

znajkan

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Im playing Battlefield 3, but i have a problem.
The problem is that when im playing, and after a while both my mouse and keyboard stop working..
My character just keeps on running, cant do anything to make him stop.

And i cant use CTRL+ALT+DEL... it just gets back to the game.. I cant do anything but restart the computer manually..

My spec:
Intel i7 950 @ stock
6Gb DDR3 @ stock 1600MHZ
WD 1.0 TB disc
2x ATI HD6950 2Gb GDDR5 (=4GB GDDR5)

What could be the problem? I have the latest ATI drivers..

znajkan

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011

Im using a Corsair TX750 PSU (750W)

znajkan

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011

Well.. the game is still running.. all sound works, everything around works.. by i cant do anything.. just watch my char go straight to death^^
And when i die durring this error, i cant "deploy", i have to wait for my mouse and keyboard to start working again.. and sometimes i have to restart the computer manually..

Last night i tried to lower some graphics settings to see if it is my PSU that cant handle everything on full graphics load.. But no change.. still the same.. :S
Pretty anoing stuff.

DoomsWord89

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011

It appears that the issue you are experiencing is a very common bug in BF3 and there does not seem to be a full remedy for it at the moment.

Have you tried re-installing your mobo's USB drivers or the drivers for your USB devices?

nytmode

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Yes this is a known bug. Happens to me also. I just keep pressing ENTER till it deploys me wherever and after sometime the mouse and keyboard start working.

Do you happen to have an original saitek eclipse keyboard. I know some games like Thief: Dark Shadows and Trackmannia have problems with this keyboard, but there is a fix. In device manager/human interface devices, I had two entries for my keyboard. Looking at their properties, one was listed as a gamepad. This is the one that needed disabled. Once it's disabled, it works fine with these games.

Of course, if others are reporting problems too, then it may be a bug with the game.

znajkan

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
im using a wired keyboard, a Logitech G110 and a wired mouse, Logitech MX518.
Im gonna try update all Motherboard drivers again and see..

Ill be back with a result..

DoomsWord89

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011

Sorry to hear that, mate.

I suppose that there is really no other choice but to wait for an official "fix".

DoomsWord89

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
EA announced a major patch scheduled to hit next week. Stating that said patch will address many of the games current and most prevalent issues. Your issue being one that will supposedly be addressed.

znajkan

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
New update for BF3 was avalible when i got home from work today.
Re-installed all drivers on the computer, updated the game, changed CPU cooler..

And now it seems to work.. More testing to come..

DoomsWord89

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011

Glad to hear it!

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
I have had small issues with keyboard response in BF3 as well.

Besides those, I have "reload" set to my mouse-thumb button and knife/meele set to mouse thumb button 2 - these work totally random as well.

Edit: Oh yeah forgot - patch worked wonders, no issues today whatsoever :)

DoomsWord89

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
Oh my, that is quite irritating!

There is still an update scheduled for next-week. So lets just cross our fingers and hope that it will do the trick.

bdizzle11

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
I have the exact same thing. Was pretty frustrating playing last night, game was about 80 points from finish and then bam, cant do anything for the rest of the game. And even when that finished just had to log off. That was multiple times last night. Ironically I have the same keyboard and mouse as OP but from what I've read its not dependent on the actual hardware so I dont think thats it. Im hoping we get some definitive fix also, it is very annoying at this point.

dm3002x

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
He guys,

I have more or less the same issue here. But in my case my keyboard and mouse start responding after ±5 seconds.

So for example: When I running down a road and the issue starts, I cant change my direction, jump or anything till the mouse and keyboard starts working my soldier will keep running in the same direction. I have no idea what triggers this issue but it seems completely random.

I´m using a wired keyboard (microsoft Media D3000) and mouse (G500), I5-2500K, 8Gb ram, XFX HD6950 1Gb, 128Gb SSD, Corsair AX750

Hopefully EA fixes this issue quick because it is extremely annoying

krzleb

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
I have the same issue, my soldier just starts running straight for about 3-5sec then I get control back.
I use to get my rifle starts shooting by itself until all clips are empty. Is it the "keyboard / Mouse" not responding?
or maybe some other glitch. I never had that problem until I formatted my system...new memory/video card/SSD(Raid) new keyboard Razer Black Widow Ultimate. I'm breaking my head trying to fix it. Happens every game about 4 times.

AEK

dennisr48

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
After playing for about a month - one day, input from the keyboard simply stopped. You could move your view around with the mouse but attempting to move with the "w, s, a, d" keys was futile and keybinding to the keyboard could not be changed. After trying video drivers, different keyboards, and a complete re-install I finally found the problem - it was my Secuirty software. In my case I was running WebRoot Secure Anywhere. As soon as I turned off the security program, the problem resolved.