Device Manager Empty / Blank

December 28, 2004 12:51:01 PM

Hi: I am having a problem with my device manager. Nothing appears in the
window at all. It is completly blank. I have done several things that were
recomended on other websites. I have restarted Plug & Play and I have insured
all file permissions are set correctly in the registry. Neither of the two
have worked. I don;t know what else it could be. The reason I found out it
was blank in the first place was because my USB port stop working at some
point. Any suggestions?
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 3:04:00 PM

Run devmgmt.msc or if it is truly gone, create another
one by running "mmc /a", adding the device manager plug-in
and saving that to devmgmt.msc in %windir%\system32.

Ref: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch