Device Manager Empty / Blank

Hi: I am having a problem with my device manager. Nothing appears in the
window at all. It is completly blank. I have done several things that were
recomended on other websites. I have restarted Plug & Play and I have insured
all file permissions are set correctly in the registry. Neither of the two
have worked. I don;t know what else it could be. The reason I found out it
was blank in the first place was because my USB port stop working at some
point. Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about device manager empty blank

    Run devmgmt.msc or if it is truly gone, create another
    one by running "mmc /a", adding the device manager plug-in
    and saving that to devmgmt.msc in %windir%\system32.

    Ref: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Tom" wrote:

    | Hi: I am having a problem with my device manager. Nothing appears in the
    | window at all. It is completly blank. I have done several things that were
    | recomended on other websites. I have restarted Plug & Play and I have insured
    | all file permissions are set correctly in the registry. Neither of the two
    | have worked. I don;t know what else it could be. The reason I found out it
    | was blank in the first place was because my USB port stop working at some
    | point. Any suggestions?

Device Manager Microsoft Windows XP