DLink router

How do I set a DLink 604 router to allow access to Everquest?

In article <APsvd.495636$wV.126653@attbi_s54>, bandrusa wrote:
> How do I set a DLink 604 router to allow access to Everquest?

No special settings should be required. I don't recall if I quit EQ before
or after getting my 604, but it works fine with EQ2, DAoC, CoH, and WoW.

There is a "gaming mode" setting on one of the setup pages, but I have not
found any explanation of what that actually does, and have left it disabled.

--
--Tim Smith

"Tim Smith" <reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> wrote in message
> In article <APsvd.495636$wV.126653@attbi_s54>, bandrusa wrote:
> > How do I set a DLink 604 router to allow access to Everquest?
>
> No special settings should be required. I don't recall if I quit EQ
before
> or after getting my 604, but it works fine with EQ2, DAoC, CoH, and WoW.
>
> There is a "gaming mode" setting on one of the setup pages, but I have not
> found any explanation of what that actually does, and have left it
disabled.

It's where you tell the router to allow certain specific ports to be passed,
and which internal address to pass those ports to. So, for example, you
could tell it that all external comm coming in to port 5131 is to be passed
to local address 192.168.1.77.

Thanks for the replies. I got it working. It turned out to be the new video
driver. I went back and removed the old driver and THEN installed the
upgrade driver. Don't install an upgrade over the old driver. Completely
remove the old driver then reboot and install the new driver.
Then I went into the EQ directory and deleted the client.exe and logged back
on.

"Ken Andrews" <gobble@degook.com> wrote in message
> "Tim Smith" <reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> wrote in message
> > In article <APsvd.495636$wV.126653@attbi_s54>, bandrusa wrote:
> > > How do I set a DLink 604 router to allow access to Everquest?
> >
> > No special settings should be required. I don't recall if I quit EQ
> before
> > or after getting my 604, but it works fine with EQ2, DAoC, CoH, and WoW.
> >
> > There is a "gaming mode" setting on one of the setup pages, but I have
not
> > found any explanation of what that actually does, and have left it
> disabled.
>
> It's where you tell the router to allow certain specific ports to be
passed,
> and which internal address to pass those ports to. So, for example, you
> could tell it that all external comm coming in to port 5131 is to be
passed
> to local address 192.168.1.77.

TRENDING THREADS