a place that puts together mobo and cpu?

G

does anyone know of a place that puts together your choice of a motherboard and processor and then ships it to you? I don't have much confidence in doing it myself. I think i can manage to put in the ram though. but if that is included then that would be nice. i have found mwave to put it together for you but their prices are expensive.

DaveGOD

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2001
dunno about USA, but here almost anywhere that sells them will do it for you. usually they make you pay but ask nicely and they might not if youre buying from them.

it really is easy, in fact the cpu usually wont even go in unless theyre the right way around.
assuming amd:
pretty much just open the leaver, line up the cut-off corner (with a gold mark), drop in place, close the lever. now attach the heatsink: put some thermal paste or thermal pad right onto the cpu (the metal part on top), to make sure heat passes through ok. sit the heatsink on top, and clip it down so its on firmly. if the fan didnt come attatched to the heatsink, attach it (sometimes screw it directly into the heatsink, between the metal prongs (dont let the screws go right through into the cpu tho lol). remember to attatch the fan power cable to the mobo or to a power supply cable!

look about tomshardware.com, im sure theres a simple guide around.
[edit: heres one for attatching a specific HSF that was in a diff post:
http://www.coolermaster.com/technical/Manual/fcpga.html ]

"Bring out the dead..."
"I'm not dead yet!"
"Yes you are!"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by DaveGOD on 11/21/01 07:59 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
No offense, but if you don't think you can put a cpu in a socket, then you're not ready to build a PC.

It is VERY easy, and as someone already said it will only go in one way. You'd have to do something realy stupid to mess it up.

Good luck.

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks"

srstudios

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2001
If you still want someone to install and test, try www.monarchcomputer.com, or www.atacom.com. If you purchase from them (mobo & CPU) it's a free service, so why not? If other readers know of lower prices, please post!

G

TCCOMPUTERS.COM will do this -- I've always had good luck with them over the years.

The tricky bit is not the processor or memory -- I've had more trouble installing the fan/heatsink than anything else.

Rassler

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2001
as long as you're grounded and match up the corners... its really hard to break or mess it up.... all pga's come with one of the corners cut so u can't put it in the wrong way

Nice people are kool...Mean people just suck :lol:

DaveGOD

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2001
having just got the HSF for the new system thats almost done, i understand his concernsa bit better, damn thing weighs proly a kilogram and putting down the lever to hold it onto the lugs takes a LOT of preassure. Dont worry about it if you have to do it yourself, it is actually not as easy to damage things as it might seem. if youre not comfortable, just get it done for you.

"i dont know what you're listening to me for, havent you figured out i dont actually know anything?"

TRENDING THREADS