I am trying to install SP2. It backs up the file. When installing, I get an
USER NOT AUTHORIZED error message. It quits the installation. Any help is
appreciated on getting around this error message.

thanks Tony

Welcome to the Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) Chat.
You can get no charge Windows XP SP2 support here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=Wxpsp2chat

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Tony" wrote:

| I am trying to install SP2. It backs up the file. When installing, I get an
| USER NOT AUTHORIZED error message. It quits the installation. Any help is
| appreciated on getting around this error message.
|
| thanks Tony

Most likely a misconfigured permission level in the registry. Boot up
in Safe Mode and logon as the Administrator or equivalent account. Run
the update -- should work.