Router as hub?

Can I use an older (8022.11b) router as only an ethernet hub and only use my
new "g" router for router and wireless stuff?
Thanks
LT

"LT" <lorentheodore@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can I use an older (8022.11b) router as only an ethernet hub and only use
> my
> new "g" router for router and wireless stuff?
> Thanks
> LT

Yes, except it will actually operate as an Ethernet switch, not as a hub.
Turn off the DHCP service to the LAN, and don't use the WAN port.

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

"LT" <lorentheodore@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Can I use an older (8022.11b) router as only an ethernet hub and only
> use my new "g" router for router and wireless stuff?
> Thanks
> LT

Yes you can and most routers have a built in switch not a hub so it would
be a wire/wireless swicth not a hub.

http://tinyurl.com/leps

The principle is basically the same for connecting two routers together no
matter what kind.

http://tinyurl.com/5sjf3

Duane :)

LT <lorentheodore@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Can I use an older (8022.11b) router as only an ethernet hub and only use my
> new "g" router for router and wireless stuff?

Can you turn off the old router's wireless function? If so, do it. If
not, you're better off buying a small switch, which you can get for less
than $30.