Slow start-up??

I'm running Microsoft XP Home SP2. When I start the computer it takes
forever to get ready and it sounds like it's scanning thousands & thousands
of files.

I regularly delete the Temp Internet files & history etc. Is there some
other hidden cache somewhere that I should be clearing.

Can anyone help me with my problem?

Thanks,
Bernie Sloane

Have firewalls running?

Bernard Sloane wrote:

> I'm running Microsoft XP Home SP2. When I start the computer it takes
> forever to get ready and it sounds like it's scanning thousands & thousands
> of files.
>
> I regularly delete the Temp Internet files & history etc. Is there some
> other hidden cache somewhere that I should be clearing.
>
> Can anyone help me with my problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Bernie Sloane

Virus or spyware?

Ted Zieglar

"Bernard Sloane" <bjsloane@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> I'm running Microsoft XP Home SP2. When I start the computer it takes
> forever to get ready and it sounds like it's scanning thousands &
> thousands of files.
>
> I regularly delete the Temp Internet files & history etc. Is there some
> other hidden cache somewhere that I should be clearing.
>
> Can anyone help me with my problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Bernie Sloane

TRENDING THREADS