Rpg goty... skyrim vs. witcher 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I enjoy both games. If you want the storyline to be the main focus of your adventure and don't care about exploring on your own, then the Witcher 2 definitely has that going for it.

However, if you like the open-ended type of adventure that allows you to follow the main storyline at your own pace and do whatever you feel like doing, love to explore and see the "sites" of the land, then Skyrim is the one for that.

I play both!

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I haven't played Witcher 2, just the first installment, but I think the exploration and the huge and beautiful vistas in Skyrim, and that feeling "let's see what's behind this corner of the road," will make a winner in the end. Plus, the gameplay in Skyrim isn't really linear, you can wonder for hours in there and never touch the main questline.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
The way I see it is, you have to use your imagination in Skyrim just like real life, YOU have to think of fun things to do instead of expecting the game (or life) to hold your hand and show you the way to great adventures, you have to go out there and discover it for yourself. If you can't do that then Skyrim could appear linear to some (just like real life), if you can do that then Skyrim is one of the best games ever made in terms of fun N' enjoyment and lasting appeal.

yep, just depends if you like to be your own boss on what to do or you'd like to be spoon fed the directions on how to get from point A to B and where to find the next boss/etc. On the other hand, witcher is easier to keep track of, you can play a little bit when you have tiny time, drop it for a month and come back to it again. I feel you can't really do that with skyrim since I'll forget where I was going etc and I will get a feeling that I need to start the current quest over or start the game over completely. But maybe that's just me.

In my opinion, both are great games, because different people have different tastes.

isamuelson

Distinguished
I enjoy both games. If you want the storyline to be the main focus of your adventure and don't care about exploring on your own, then the Witcher 2 definitely has that going for it.

However, if you like the open-ended type of adventure that allows you to follow the main storyline at your own pace and do whatever you feel like doing, love to explore and see the "sites" of the land, then Skyrim is the one for that.

I play both!

Solution

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

i couldnt agree more

Both are great games. The Witcher 2 is more of a cross between adventure and RPG. It's very story driven. Skyrim is more of an old school RPG that's very open ended.

I prefer Skyrim, and I really like the changes in level advancements and dungeon designs. However, if you like a good story, and less of the combat side of things, then The Witcher 2 would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.