A7V266-E and graphics

G

I just got myself the new ASUS A7V266-E with the VIA KT266A chipset on it. But I am experiencing some difficulties. I seem to run fine, fast og funky, but my graphics card, a 3Dlabs Wildcat 4110 acts strangely. I get alot of flickering and coulered dots on the screen. Does anyone out there experienced anything like it, and do you have any solutions ? I have downloaded the newest patches and upgrades from VIA, but they seem to make no difference. ALso my sound card, a Terratec 24/96 is strange on this mobo, neither win 2000 pro or win 98 will acknowledge it as being part of my system. Hope to hear from you...

Bames_Jond

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
Hmmmm the colored dots and flickering you are talking about could be "fried" videocard memory. I have seen it on severel S3 virge and some Sis graphicscards, but never a NVidia card... I'm not sure about your soundcard, but I know if you try to run the motherboard under W2K, that you must have the "OS Plug & Play installed" feature in the motherboards BIOS enabled. I also know that it's very important to have an ACPI compatible network adapter. When I bought my SB Live! I experienced choppy and crackling sound until I bought a new noname network adapter which was ACPI compliant. I bought it after I read some articles on the net about ACPI and Sound Blaster Live. I know that many people have problems getting the SB Live! to work under W2K, but after i replaced my network adapter I have not had any problems what so ever. I don't know if the same thing applies to your sound card but it might be worth a try.

I own the Asus A7V266-E board myself and i'm very satisfied with it so far, I just hope that it doesn't go up in smoke like my A7V266 did after just 2 months... :-(

My current config is:
Asus A7V266-E
AMD Thunderbird 1.2 266 Mhz
2 * 256MB Veritech DDR-RAM PC2100
Asus Geforce 2 GTS V7700 Deluxe
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum
Realmagic Hollywood+ MPEG card
Noname ACPI compliant networkcard.
Adaptec SCSI controller
Pioneer 10/40 IDE DVD
Plextor 8/4/32 IDE
5 Disc SCSI cd-rom changer
Live Drive.

All these things is installed under the IRQ 9 in W2K using the ACPI feature in Windows 2000. Very cool and I never experience problems.

My name is Jond, Bames Jond.

My ACPI incompatible network adapter killed my SB Live!

TRENDING THREADS