Winxp.Comcast,No outgoing messages

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

I can get messages in Outlook Express and for that matter also in
Outlook2000, but I cannot Send messages.

I talked to Comcast and they found no error on the account setup.

BTW I have also used Comcast hi speed internet for years and have both used
OE and Outlook 2000.

Now when I try to send I get this:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'versuch', Account:
'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

I have looked in the Knowledgebase of Microsoft and still have the problem.

I use Windows xp. SP2, all updates, XP Firewall, and NOD32 Virus checker.
All of these I have used for months before without the slightest trouble.

Even disabling the Firewall and Virus checker (hated to try it even) did not
solve Outgoing messages.

Internet is OK, Newsgroups too.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

"OLEXP: Outlook Express Error Codes"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;208814

Error Code: 0x800CCC0B
Error Type: BUSY

Lots of information here:
http://www.google.com/search?q=outlook+express+error+0x800CCC0B

Ted Zieglar

"Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>I can get messages in Outlook Express and for that matter also in
>Outlook2000, but I cannot Send messages.
>
> I talked to Comcast and they found no error on the account setup.
>
> BTW I have also used Comcast hi speed internet for years and have both
> used OE and Outlook 2000.
>
> Now when I try to send I get this:
>
> An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'versuch', Account:
> 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B
>
> I have looked in the Knowledgebase of Microsoft and still have the
> problem.
>
> I use Windows xp. SP2, all updates, XP Firewall, and NOD32 Virus checker.
> All of these I have used for months before without the slightest trouble.
>
> Even disabling the Firewall and Virus checker (hated to try it even) did
> not solve Outgoing messages.
>
> Internet is OK, Newsgroups too.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

813514 - Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using
Outlook and Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

What You Should Know About Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/devioussoftware.mspx

Ritter197 wrote:
> I can get messages in Outlook Express and for that matter also in
> Outlook2000, but I cannot Send messages.
>
> I talked to Comcast and they found no error on the account setup.
>
> BTW I have also used Comcast hi speed internet for years and have both
> used OE and Outlook 2000.
>
> Now when I try to send I get this:
>
> An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'versuch', Account:
> 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B
>
> I have looked in the Knowledgebase of Microsoft and still have the
> problem.
> I use Windows xp. SP2, all updates, XP Firewall, and NOD32 Virus checker.
> All of these I have used for months before without the slightest trouble.
>
> Even disabling the Firewall and Virus checker (hated to try it even) did
> not solve Outgoing messages.
>
> Internet is OK, Newsgroups too.

santa

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

Ritter197 wrote:

> I can get messages in Outlook Express and for that matter also in
> Outlook2000, but I cannot Send messages.
>
> I talked to Comcast and they found no error on the account setup.
>
> BTW I have also used Comcast hi speed internet for years and have both used
> OE and Outlook 2000.
>
> Now when I try to send I get this:
>
> An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'versuch', Account:
> 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,

my Netscape say port 110

Comcast is also slow at Sending e-mails tonight
Just there Mail servers.. GigaNews is Fast..

I think I read somewhere that Comcast is installing virus Checking and
spam filters also..

There are also Checking outgoing e-mails for TOO MANY RECIPIEnts..
They got a SECRET limit
> Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B
>
> I have looked in the Knowledgebase of Microsoft and still have the problem.
>
> I use Windows xp. SP2, all updates, XP Firewall, and NOD32 Virus checker.
> All of these I have used for months before without the slightest trouble.
>
> Even disabling the Firewall and Virus checker (hated to try it even) did not
> solve Outgoing messages.
>
> Internet is OK, Newsgroups too.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Not sure if it will work , might want to try it.
There is no use Disabling the firewall .U might want to goto the programs
listi n the firewall and give access to outlook manually.

-JK

"Ritter197" wrote:

> I can get messages in Outlook Express and for that matter also in
> Outlook2000, but I cannot Send messages.
>
> I talked to Comcast and they found no error on the account setup.
>
> BTW I have also used Comcast hi speed internet for years and have both used
> OE and Outlook 2000.
>
> Now when I try to send I get this:
>
> An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'versuch', Account:
> 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B
>
> I have looked in the Knowledgebase of Microsoft and still have the problem.
>
> I use Windows xp. SP2, all updates, XP Firewall, and NOD32 Virus checker.
> All of these I have used for months before without the slightest trouble.
>
> Even disabling the Firewall and Virus checker (hated to try it even) did not
> solve Outgoing messages.
>
> Internet is OK, Newsgroups too.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Firewall is enabled to give access to Outlook Express and Outlook

"-JK" <JK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not sure if it will work , might want to try it.
> There is no use Disabling the firewall .U might want to goto the programs
> listi n the firewall and give access to outlook manually.
>
> -JK
>
> "Ritter197" wrote:
>
>> I can get messages in Outlook Express and for that matter also in
>> Outlook2000, but I cannot Send messages.
>>
>> I talked to Comcast and they found no error on the account setup.
>>
>> BTW I have also used Comcast hi speed internet for years and have both
>> used
>> OE and Outlook 2000.
>>
>> Now when I try to send I get this:
>>
>> An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'versuch', Account:
>> 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
>> Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B
>>
>> I have looked in the Knowledgebase of Microsoft and still have the
>> problem.
>>
>> I use Windows xp. SP2, all updates, XP Firewall, and NOD32 Virus checker.
>> All of these I have used for months before without the slightest trouble.
>>
>> Even disabling the Firewall and Virus checker (hated to try it even) did
>> not
>> solve Outgoing messages.
>>
>> Internet is OK, Newsgroups too.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Thank you very much.

I had earlier looked at some or rather many of these sites, but I still
cannot get it to work,

I get this message in Outlook 2000: