"TEMP" Problem

When i open "Cookies",I cannot c what cookies r stored.All i c is-"DAT file
16KB"
When i open "History" -"History IE5" I do not c my history,all i c is " DAT
file 32kb"
I have the same problem with "temporary Internet Files" - Content IE 5"
What do i have 2 do 2 b able 2 view the contents of these folders ?
Any feed back would b much appreciated,thank u in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about temp problem

    You can't see the cookies because you have none. Same with your Internet
    History and Temporary Internet Files.

    To store cookies, open Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options
    > Privacy; that's where you find the settings for accepting cookies.

    To store Internet history, go to Tools > Internet Options > General tab, and
    set the 'Days to keep pages in history' to your desired amount.

    To store TIF, go to Tools > Internet Options > General tab, and click on the
    TIF Settings button. Choose an 'Amount of disk space to use'.

    If you have software that cleans out your cookies, history and TIF, you'll
    need to turn those features off.

    Ted Zieglar

    "misssally10" <misssally10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When i open "Cookies",I cannot c what cookies r stored.All i c is-"DAT
    > file
    > 16KB"
    > When i open "History" -"History IE5" I do not c my history,all i c is "
    > DAT
    > file 32kb"
    > I have the same problem with "temporary Internet Files" - Content IE 5"
    > What do i have 2 do 2 b able 2 view the contents of these folders ?
    > Any feed back would b much appreciated,thank u in advance.

    Tnx Ted,but i do have cookies,history & Temp IE5.
    I did some research last night & a search revealed that If I opened
    IE,clicked on "tools" ,"internet options","Settings',"View files" & all my
    stored cookies,history & Temp IE files were available 4 viewing
    But i just can't understand why i can't c the contents of these files when i
    open windows explorer & click on "cookies" "History" & "Temp IE Files"
    Thnx again Ted.

    Options > General tab, and click on the
    > TIF Settings button. Choose an 'Amount of disk space to use'.
    >
    > If you have software that cleans out your cookies, history and TIF, you'll
    > need to turn those features off.
    >
    > Ted Zieglar
    >
    > "misssally10" <misssally10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When i open "Cookies",I cannot c what cookies r stored.All i c is-"DAT
    > > file
    > > 16KB"
    > > When i open "History" -"History IE5" I do not c my history,all i c is "
    > > DAT
    > > file 32kb"
    > > I have the same problem with "temporary Internet Files" - Content IE 5"
    > > What do i have 2 do 2 b able 2 view the contents of these folders ?
    > > Any feed back would b much appreciated,thank u in advance.

Internet Explorer Cookie Windows XP