Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I just recently re-installed windows xp home edition and now i have now sound
in say when i try and play a cd that " i have no audio output device
installed" can anypne help.

Try Start/control panel/sounds and audio devices/audio tab from here
you should be able to select the default audio device to be used, have
a look in the advanced section of playback section to check out how
playback is set up as this could be where the problem lies, also you
will almost certainly need to download and reinstall the driver for
your device (most likely available as a generic driver from microsoft,
may already be there but needs selecting, or you should be able to
download from manufacturers web site if it becomes neccesary) right
click your cd device in explorer, properties, hardware tab, properties,
driver, update driver. Come to think of it its probably gonna be a
combination of both these elements.
Hope this helps, Paul.

--
Paul Webster