Problems with Internet Explorer

I recently tried a 30 day trial of a system optimizer that had pop-up and
spyware blocker included. After the trial period was up I no longer had
access to internet explorer. or MSN Messenger or Rhapsody and the Weather
channel Desktop Weather. I do still have Firefox as a browser and Yahoo
Messenger but no MSN...I tried system restore and it won't work. Is there
something I can do to reset whatever it was that this program did to my
system?

Your first mistake was installing a so-called system optimizer. These toys
cause more problems than they claim to solve. Avoid them in future.

Your 30 day trial might have included spyware, since your problems are a
common result of trying to remove spyware. But I'll get to that later.

The usual way to repair an uninstall that doesn't work is to reinstall the
program, then uninstall it again. That's not an option for you since the 30
day trial is over, so the software won't install again.

Your next step is to contact the program's technical support and ask them
how to get their software of your system. You should try this, but I'll bet
it gets you nowhere.

Your options now are running low. Scan your system for spyware using these
tools. Try them both, since spyware can be elusive:

Pest Scan by Pest Patrol
http://tinyurl.com/6zkw5

Online Virus and Security Check by Symantec
http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym

If you have spyware, you'll need to install a spyware remover.

If you have no spyware, or you have spyware but it cannot be successfully
removed, you may have to reinstall Windows.

Ted Zieglar