Sign in with
Your question
Closed

SKYRIM WON'T LAUNCH!

Last response: in Video Games
November 21, 2011 10:07:33 PM

I played this game with no problem for the past 10 days and now I can't get the game to launch!

Here is a clip of my desktop I took with the snippet tool. Look at the bottom left of the screen and see how the game icon on the desktop bar is just a white box instead of the Skyrim logo.

What could be the problem?

Can I reinstall this game and keep my save files? I certainly hope 10 days worth of play won't be lost.

More about : skyrim launch

November 21, 2011 10:36:29 PM

my documents -> my games -> skyrim -> saves

copy and paste it somewhere, reinstall and if it overwrites your save file then paste your saves back in there.
Score
November 21, 2011 10:50:28 PM

crewton said:
my documents -> my games -> skyrim -> saves

copy and paste it somewhere, reinstall and if it overwrites your save file then paste your saves back in there.

I certainly hope this works.
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 21, 2011 11:26:23 PM

looks like the pinned icon has lost focus. like a left-over icon from an uninstall. check the icom properties and the properties of the exe files.
Score
November 22, 2011 12:05:09 AM

HEXiT said:
looks like the pinned icon has lost focus. like a left-over icon from an uninstall. check the icom properties and the properties of the exe files.

Yeah, if you uninstall a game and try to boot it up by it's icon, this is what usually happens.

The only thing is that this game is still installed.
Score
November 22, 2011 3:29:48 AM

ambam said:
I played this game with no problem for the past 10 days and now I can't get the game to launch!

Here is a clip of my desktop I took with the snippet tool. Look at the bottom left of the screen and see how the game icon on the desktop bar is just a white box instead of the Skyrim logo.

]http://img40.imagevenue.com/loc112/th_200551000_Skyrim_122_112lo.JPG

What could be the problem?

Can I reinstall this game and keep my save files? I certainly hope 10 days worth of play won't be lost.

I found this out, not sure why, it stops working but Navigate your .exe for Skyrim generally located in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim for 64bit systems
and/or
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim for 32bit systems

Look for TESV.exe
Right click on it click Properties and go to the Compatibility tab at the bottom it will say Privilege Level and under that a check box, make sure this is unchecked.
It worked fine for me
very interesting problem hope this helped guys :D  and Happy Gaming
Score
January 1, 2012 7:19:02 PM

Same problem here. Freezes at launch window. Tried all three fixes on this thread and none worked. Any other ideas? I have no mods and it has been working fine. Nothing has changed on computer.

Don't know if this will help anybody, but the thing that finally worked was updating the graphics card software. Not sure why that made a difference since it was no different than when it was working, but for some reason after it updated the game works again.
Score
April 8, 2012 6:51:17 PM

I installed skyrim and played it a couple of days and now suddenly i cant find it on my computer, not even in the program (x86) files but my computer still shows it as being installed. When I do a search on my computer for it comes up under "games" as unspecified. Any ideas?
Score
July 17, 2012 3:58:44 AM

This topic has been closed by Proximon
Score
!