Editing the registry: please advise me

Editing the registry: please advise me as have not done this
before.

Error message: Could not load or run ' ' specified in the
registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or
remove the reference to it in the registry.

(Supposed to be 6 little squares inside the single quote
marks but they will not show up here)

Is it now automatically preferable to remove ' ', and if so,
how do I find it in the (huge) registry and are there any
dangers/complications about deleting it ?

Thanks a lot gentlemen and a Happy New Year to you all - Ian
Hutcheson

Please post reply here, or if lengthy, to my e-mail address
below.

ianz9y8@hotmail.com

"Editing the registry: please advise me as have not done this before."

In that case, don't do it! I'm serious. Don't touch the registry unless and
until you know what you're doing. Get someone whom you trust to do it for
you.

You haven't told us when you see this message, so I'm going to take an
educated guess that you're seeing it when you start the computer. It sounds
like some program wants to start with Windows, but the registry entry needed
to do this has been corrupted.

Did you recently uninstall some software? If so, install it again, reboot,
and uninstall it again. Sometimes uninstalls don't go well - not your fault.
Remember to temporarily turn off your antivirus software when
installing/uninstalling, as well as any other protective software that
interferes with script operations or locks portions of the registry.

Ted Zieglar