Cannot remove program from add/remove in control panel

How do you remove a program that continues to show up in add/remove panel
when it no longer exists on computer?

Remove invalid entries in Add/Remove Programs:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/addremove.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"martinezll" <martinezll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B79F2799-40AC-47AF-B1AE-2AA69F8A4C06@microsoft.com...
How do you remove a program that continues to show up in add/remove panel
when it no longer exists on computer?

keith

If I may interfer here, I faced the same problem using w98se. I unistall
NAV2005 and I cannot find anything orphaned entry except Nero-Burning
Rom/UninstallKey on the left pane (am I correct to consider this as
anorphaned entry?). This does not seems to be related to what I uninstall.

But there is this string {FC37ABD0-2108-4b.......} on the left pane and on
its right pane, among a list of details, it has 'symantec corp' as publisher.
I suppose this is the entry I must delete as I do not have any symantec
products in the pc. Pls dvice if thats the right entry to delete? thanks

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> Remove invalid entries in Add/Remove Programs:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/addremove.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "martinezll" <martinezll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B79F2799-40AC-47AF-B1AE-2AA69F8A4C06@microsoft.com...
> How do you remove a program that continues to show up in add/remove panel
> when it no longer exists on computer?

Keith,

Try the Windows Installer Cleanup utility:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/msiclean.htm

Suitable for all versions of Windows

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20FB533F-8EE6-477E-B984-0DEAA725B041@microsoft.com...
If I may interfer here, I faced the same problem using w98se. I unistall
NAV2005 and I cannot find anything orphaned entry except Nero-Burning
Rom/UninstallKey on the left pane (am I correct to consider this as
anorphaned entry?). This does not seems to be related to what I uninstall.

But there is this string {FC37ABD0-2108-4b.......} on the left pane and on
its right pane, among a list of details, it has 'symantec corp' as publisher.
I suppose this is the entry I must delete as I do not have any symantec
products in the pc. Pls dvice if thats the right entry to delete? thanks

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

I am unable to deinstall any program with the add/remove or the deinstall.
Indication is the install wizard window flashes about two ses and nothing
happens. i can delete shortcuts but that is no help