Cannot remove program from add/remove in control panel

How do you remove a program that continues to show up in add/remove panel
when it no longer exists on computer?
4 answers Last reply
More about cannot remove program remove control panel

    Remove invalid entries in Add/Remove Programs:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/addremove.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "martinezll" <martinezll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B79F2799-40AC-47AF-B1AE-2AA69F8A4C06@microsoft.com...
    How do you remove a program that continues to show up in add/remove panel
    when it no longer exists on computer?

    If I may interfer here, I faced the same problem using w98se. I unistall
    NAV2005 and I cannot find anything orphaned entry except Nero-Burning
    Rom/UninstallKey on the left pane (am I correct to consider this as
    anorphaned entry?). This does not seems to be related to what I uninstall.

    But there is this string {FC37ABD0-2108-4b.......} on the left pane and on
    its right pane, among a list of details, it has 'symantec corp' as publisher.
    I suppose this is the entry I must delete as I do not have any symantec
    products in the pc. Pls dvice if thats the right entry to delete? thanks

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    > Remove invalid entries in Add/Remove Programs:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/addremove.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "martinezll" <martinezll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B79F2799-40AC-47AF-B1AE-2AA69F8A4C06@microsoft.com...
    > How do you remove a program that continues to show up in add/remove panel
    > when it no longer exists on computer?

    Keith,

    Try the Windows Installer Cleanup utility:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/msiclean.htm

    Suitable for all versions of Windows

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20FB533F-8EE6-477E-B984-0DEAA725B041@microsoft.com...
    If I may interfer here, I faced the same problem using w98se. I unistall
    NAV2005 and I cannot find anything orphaned entry except Nero-Burning
    Rom/UninstallKey on the left pane (am I correct to consider this as
    anorphaned entry?). This does not seems to be related to what I uninstall.

    But there is this string {FC37ABD0-2108-4b.......} on the left pane and on
    its right pane, among a list of details, it has 'symantec corp' as publisher.
    I suppose this is the entry I must delete as I do not have any symantec
    products in the pc. Pls dvice if thats the right entry to delete? thanks

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    I am unable to deinstall any program with the add/remove or the deinstall.
    Indication is the install wizard window flashes about two ses and nothing
    happens. i can delete shortcuts but that is no help

    "Keith" wrote:

    > If I may interfer here, I faced the same problem using w98se. I unistall
    > NAV2005 and I cannot find anything orphaned entry except Nero-Burning
    > Rom/UninstallKey on the left pane (am I correct to consider this as
    > anorphaned entry?). This does not seems to be related to what I uninstall.
    >
    > But there is this string {FC37ABD0-2108-4b.......} on the left pane and on
    > its right pane, among a list of details, it has 'symantec corp' as publisher.
    > I suppose this is the entry I must delete as I do not have any symantec
    > products in the pc. Pls dvice if thats the right entry to delete? thanks
    >
    > "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > Remove invalid entries in Add/Remove Programs:
    > > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/addremove.htm
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > > Windows XP Shell/User
    > > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >

    > > "martinezll" <martinezll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B79F2799-40AC-47AF-B1AE-2AA69F8A4C06@microsoft.com...
    > > How do you remove a program that continues to show up in add/remove panel
    > > when it no longer exists on computer?

Control Panel Computers Microsoft Windows XP