Douglas

After running spybot and other software such as Ad-Aware I noticed a big
difference after "fixing problems". Computer is slow to respond and acts very
strange. How can I reverse these changes and what can I use to remove spyware
and such without causing problems with my pc?
--
DSB

In what way does it act strange? Spybot creates a system restore point when
you fix problems so I suggest you restore your system back to before you
last used spybot. Ad-aware allows you to undelete the changes it makes so
you should be able to restore you pc back to normal.
Having said that, I've never had any problems with either of the
applications you use and would recommend them to anyone. They are the best
applications for dealing with spyware etc.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
"Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After running spybot and other software such as Ad-Aware I noticed a big
> difference after "fixing problems". Computer is slow to respond and acts
> very
> strange. How can I reverse these changes and what can I use to remove
> spyware
> and such without causing problems with my pc?
> --
> DSB

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

You're too late! Just like real viruses like Polio, it is a simple vaccine
to prevent you from getting it. But once you've got...you're in big doo
doo!
I have see some very nasty spy-ware and add-ware, that I have found it
easier to backup the data, wipe the drive, and start over again.

Not good news...

"Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After running spybot and other software such as Ad-Aware I noticed a big
> difference after "fixing problems". Computer is slow to respond and acts
> very
> strange. How can I reverse these changes and what can I use to remove
> spyware
> and such without causing problems with my pc?
> --
> DSB

ah, no worries, trial and 'error!' its all good. after a few months of
re-formating, and screwing around til you end up re-formating again you'll
learn a few things.
security is the theme these days so get a whole bunch of every kind of
security software out there, install your favorite, keep the rest ready just
in case, enable your firewall and be careful. most of the stuff would get
deleted (quarantined) before doing any major damage to your machine, if it
does, reformat and its good as new (or whatever state you got it in)

"<©¿©>" wrote:

> You're too late! Just like real viruses like Polio, it is a simple vaccine
> to prevent you from getting it. But once you've got...you're in big doo
> doo!
> I have see some very nasty spy-ware and add-ware, that I have found it
> easier to backup the data, wipe the drive, and start over again.
>
> Not good news...
>
> "Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After running spybot and other software such as Ad-Aware I noticed a big
> > difference after "fixing problems". Computer is slow to respond and acts
> > very
> > strange. How can I reverse these changes and what can I use to remove
> > spyware
> > and such without causing problems with my pc?
> > --
> > DSB

bill

use the add remove program in your control panel to remove the spybot
program.i had all kinds of problems, mainly that i could not go online after
running the program. i removed it and all was back to normal. the spybot did
great but i did have to remove it, and that seem to fix my issues

"sk810-4-s8tan" wrote:

> ah, no worries, trial and 'error!' its all good. after a few months of
> re-formating, and screwing around til you end up re-formating again you'll
> learn a few things.
> security is the theme these days so get a whole bunch of every kind of
> security software out there, install your favorite, keep the rest ready just
> in case, enable your firewall and be careful. most of the stuff would get
> deleted (quarantined) before doing any major damage to your machine, if it
> does, reformat and its good as new (or whatever state you got it in)
>
> "<©¿©>" wrote:
>
> > You're too late! Just like real viruses like Polio, it is a simple vaccine
> > to prevent you from getting it. But once you've got...you're in big doo
> > doo!
> > I have see some very nasty spy-ware and add-ware, that I have found it
> > easier to backup the data, wipe the drive, and start over again.
> >
> > Not good news...
> >
> > "Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > After running spybot and other software such as Ad-Aware I noticed a big
> > > difference after "fixing problems". Computer is slow to respond and acts
> > > very
> > > strange. How can I reverse these changes and what can I use to remove
> > > spyware
> > > and such without causing problems with my pc?
> > > --
> > > DSB

Firstly i am very suprised you have found a problem with your P.C (Running
Slow) after installing these two applications?/I will do my best to address
your problems firstly when ever you use Spy-Bot,you the user can block all
bad components that are already in your machine by clicking onto the immunise
in the main page display! Once Spy-Bot has conducted it's scan it gives you
the choice whether to remove the found items,Once you click onto fix these
problems Spy-Bot will Make a restore point within system restore and then
once that process is carried out it will then fix the requested problems/If
you find any problems after these problems have been fixed you can go to
recovery after loading Spy-Bot back in click on it and reverse the actions
that have been carried out! Or you can make a Restore point yourself in
system restore and go back to system restore to reset your P.C//As a free
download Spy-Bot you are going to find it hard to find a piece of software
that can remove some types of adware or spyware/However it wont remove
everything! My Advice is to download SPY-Blaster/It wont remove Ad-ware or
Spy-ware but it will do a damn good job keeping it out of your system!
Adaware solutions? I have never had any problems with this software but as a
general rule i do not delete anything from the system it finds? All adware or
Spy-ware is put safely into quarentine where it can do no harm so leave it
there! because if this spy-ware or ad-ware is attached to any programmes and
you remove you may find that the system will slow down or have other curious
odd faults//This maybe where your problems are coming from and not
Spy-Bot....My Advice is to always read the label!! find out as much as you
can about any type of anti-virus removal kits!! If you wish me to recomend a
very good anti spyware then Go to www.webroot and check out Spy-Sweeper//Try
the free download i think you get it for 30 days trial period!! Brilliant bit
of kit as is webroots Spam Shredder!!! Carl.