Problems after Spybot

After running spybot and other software such as Ad-Aware I noticed a big
difference after "fixing problems". Computer is slow to respond and acts very
strange. How can I reverse these changes and what can I use to remove spyware
and such without causing problems with my pc?
--
DSB
5 answers Last reply

    In what way does it act strange? Spybot creates a system restore point when
    you fix problems so I suggest you restore your system back to before you
    last used spybot. Ad-aware allows you to undelete the changes it makes so
    you should be able to restore you pc back to normal.
    Having said that, I've never had any problems with either of the
    applications you use and would recommend them to anyone. They are the best
    applications for dealing with spyware etc.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert
    "Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After running spybot and other software such as Ad-Aware I noticed a big
    > difference after "fixing problems". Computer is slow to respond and acts
    > very
    > strange. How can I reverse these changes and what can I use to remove
    > spyware
    > and such without causing problems with my pc?
    > --
    > DSB

    You're too late! Just like real viruses like Polio, it is a simple vaccine
    to prevent you from getting it. But once you've got...you're in big doo
    doo!
    I have see some very nasty spy-ware and add-ware, that I have found it
    easier to backup the data, wipe the drive, and start over again.

    Not good news...

    "Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After running spybot and other software such as Ad-Aware I noticed a big
    > difference after "fixing problems". Computer is slow to respond and acts
    > very
    > strange. How can I reverse these changes and what can I use to remove
    > spyware
    > and such without causing problems with my pc?
    > --
    > DSB

    ah, no worries, trial and 'error!' its all good. after a few months of
    re-formating, and screwing around til you end up re-formating again you'll
    learn a few things.
    security is the theme these days so get a whole bunch of every kind of
    security software out there, install your favorite, keep the rest ready just
    in case, enable your firewall and be careful. most of the stuff would get
    deleted (quarantined) before doing any major damage to your machine, if it
    does, reformat and its good as new (or whatever state you got it in)

    "<©¿©>" wrote:

    > You're too late! Just like real viruses like Polio, it is a simple vaccine
    > to prevent you from getting it. But once you've got...you're in big doo
    > doo!
    > I have see some very nasty spy-ware and add-ware, that I have found it
    > easier to backup the data, wipe the drive, and start over again.
    >
    > Not good news...
    >
    > "Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > After running spybot and other software such as Ad-Aware I noticed a big
    > > difference after "fixing problems". Computer is slow to respond and acts
    > > very
    > > strange. How can I reverse these changes and what can I use to remove
    > > spyware
    > > and such without causing problems with my pc?
    > > --
    > > DSB

    use the add remove program in your control panel to remove the spybot
    program.i had all kinds of problems, mainly that i could not go online after
    running the program. i removed it and all was back to normal. the spybot did
    great but i did have to remove it, and that seem to fix my issues

    "sk810-4-s8tan" wrote:

    > ah, no worries, trial and 'error!' its all good. after a few months of
    > re-formating, and screwing around til you end up re-formating again you'll
    > learn a few things.
    > security is the theme these days so get a whole bunch of every kind of
    > security software out there, install your favorite, keep the rest ready just
    > in case, enable your firewall and be careful. most of the stuff would get
    > deleted (quarantined) before doing any major damage to your machine, if it
    > does, reformat and its good as new (or whatever state you got it in)
    >
    > "<©¿©>" wrote:
    >
    > > You're too late! Just like real viruses like Polio, it is a simple vaccine
    > > to prevent you from getting it. But once you've got...you're in big doo
    > > doo!
    > > I have see some very nasty spy-ware and add-ware, that I have found it
    > > easier to backup the data, wipe the drive, and start over again.
    > >
    > > Not good news...
    > >
    > > "Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > After running spybot and other software such as Ad-Aware I noticed a big
    > > > difference after "fixing problems". Computer is slow to respond and acts
    > > > very
    > > > strange. How can I reverse these changes and what can I use to remove
    > > > spyware
    > > > and such without causing problems with my pc?
    > > > --
    > > > DSB

    Firstly i am very suprised you have found a problem with your P.C (Running
    Slow) after installing these two applications?/I will do my best to address
    your problems firstly when ever you use Spy-Bot,you the user can block all
    bad components that are already in your machine by clicking onto the immunise
    in the main page display! Once Spy-Bot has conducted it's scan it gives you
    the choice whether to remove the found items,Once you click onto fix these
    problems Spy-Bot will Make a restore point within system restore and then
    once that process is carried out it will then fix the requested problems/If
    you find any problems after these problems have been fixed you can go to
    recovery after loading Spy-Bot back in click on it and reverse the actions
    that have been carried out! Or you can make a Restore point yourself in
    system restore and go back to system restore to reset your P.C//As a free
    download Spy-Bot you are going to find it hard to find a piece of software
    that can remove some types of adware or spyware/However it wont remove
    everything! My Advice is to download SPY-Blaster/It wont remove Ad-ware or
    Spy-ware but it will do a damn good job keeping it out of your system!
    Adaware solutions? I have never had any problems with this software but as a
    general rule i do not delete anything from the system it finds? All adware or
    Spy-ware is put safely into quarentine where it can do no harm so leave it
    there! because if this spy-ware or ad-ware is attached to any programmes and
    you remove you may find that the system will slow down or have other curious
    odd faults//This maybe where your problems are coming from and not
    Spy-Bot....My Advice is to always read the label!! find out as much as you
    can about any type of anti-virus removal kits!! If you wish me to recomend a
    very good anti spyware then Go to www.webroot and check out Spy-Sweeper//Try
    the free download i think you get it for 30 days trial period!! Brilliant bit
    of kit as is webroots Spam Shredder!!! Carl.

    "Douglas" wrote:

    > After running spybot and other software such as Ad-Aware I noticed a big
    > difference after "fixing problems". Computer is slow to respond and acts very
    > strange. How can I reverse these changes and what can I use to remove spyware
    > and such without causing problems with my pc?
    > --
    > DSB

Spybot Microsoft Windows XP