norton ghost, partitionmagic & NTFS

I tried running ghost and partitionmagic from winxp home and they were
refused due to direct disk access, are pmagic and ghost supposed to work on
NTFS? I don't think there is a way to make ntfs partitions using the tools
on the winxp home disk, is ther?

Only Administrators can run these applications.

Ted Zieglar

"Cyber-Hun" <th54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I tried running ghost and partitionmagic from winxp home and they were
>refused due to direct disk access, are pmagic and ghost supposed to work on
>NTFS? I don't think there is a way to make ntfs partitions using the tools
>on the winxp home disk, is ther?

I am my own admin (running under admin at the time), the err msg didn't
mention my access level --- it said it (ghost, pqmagic)weren't allowed
because they were attempting direct disk access.

> Only Administrators can run these applications.
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Cyber-Hun" <th54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I tried running ghost and partitionmagic from winxp home and they were
>>refused due to direct disk access, are pmagic and ghost supposed to work
>>on NTFS? I don't think there is a way to make ntfs partitions using the
>>tools on the winxp home disk, is ther?

Are you running any software that prevents direct disk access?

And have you asked your question about Symantec software to Symantec
technical support?

>I am my own admin (running under admin at the time), the err msg didn't
>mention my access level --- it said it (ghost, pqmagic)weren't allowed
>because they were attempting direct disk access.

>> Only Administrators can run these applications.
>>
>> Ted Zieglar
>>
>> "Cyber-Hun" <th54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I tried running ghost and partitionmagic from winxp home and they were
>>>refused due to direct disk access, are pmagic and ghost supposed to work
>>>on NTFS? I don't think there is a way to make ntfs partitions using the
>>>tools on the winxp home disk, is ther?

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What version???? Only the latest will work with XP.

"Cyber-Hun" <th54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am my own admin (running under admin at the time), the err msg didn't
>mention my access level --- it said it (ghost, pqmagic)weren't allowed
>because they were attempting direct disk access.

>> Only Administrators can run these applications.
>>
>> Ted Zieglar
>>
>> "Cyber-Hun" <th54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I tried running ghost and partitionmagic from winxp home and they were
>>>refused due to direct disk access, are pmagic and ghost supposed to work
>>>on NTFS? I don't think there is a way to make ntfs partitions using the
>>>tools on the winxp home disk, is ther?

Yes, windows xp prevents direct disk access,
> Are you running any software that prevents direct disk access?
>
> And have you asked your question about Symantec software to Symantec
> technical support?
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Cyber-Hun" <th54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I am my own admin (running under admin at the time), the err msg didn't
>>mention my access level --- it said it (ghost, pqmagic)weren't allowed
>>because they were attempting direct disk access.
>>
>> "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Only Administrators can run these applications.
>>>
>>> Ted Zieglar
>>>
>>> "Cyber-Hun" <th54@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Versions:
ghost: 5.1b
partition-magic:3.02.253

"Cyber-Hun" <th54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I tried running ghost and partitionmagic from winxp home and they were
>refused due to direct disk access, are pmagic and ghost supposed to work on
>NTFS? I don't think there is a way to make ntfs partitions using the tools
>on the winxp home disk, is ther?

LOL!

Neither of those ancient versions are compatible with XP.

> Versions:
> ghost: 5.1b
> partition-magic:3.02.253
>

> "Cyber-Hun" <th54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I tried running ghost and partitionmagic from winxp home and they were
>>refused due to direct disk access, are pmagic and ghost supposed to work
>>on NTFS? I don't think there is a way to make ntfs partitions using the
>>tools on the winxp home disk, is ther?

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yes it even says what OS,s that are usable right on the CD label.