Memory/Motherboard match?

G

Is there anyone who can tell which mobo matches DDR 266 PC 2100 512MB non original. I have a Microstar KT266Pro2RU but it does not accept these memories and with todays prices on memories it is cheaper to buy a new mobo than memory.
CAS 2.5 and manufacturer Mitec and by non orirginal I mean not officially approved for AMD. Of those I have got 3 aticks. The number of sticks is not important, but a mobo which can accept the kind.
Fanbyalperna<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Fanbyalperna on 11/25/01 03:50 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You will have to be more specific. Tell us the brands and number of sticks as well as the CAS rating you hope to use and the speeds you wish to achieve.
Thanks, a good subject to bring up.
Good Luck, Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)

stable

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
I wouldn't lose any sleep over memory not approved by AMD. If your motherboard supports the standard DDR pin-out configuration and that is what the RAM uses (which it should) stick it in and use it. Just as a heads up, there are about 400-500 different sticks of RAM out there that work great but are not AMD Certified.

Steve Benoit

Stable Technologies
'The way IT should be!'