Mike

Splendid

I have windos XP home and when I try to run disk cleanup it will start to
check compressed files and the hard drive will start running at 98 to 100
percent. Then it just stays like that for hours, till I restart my computer.
I have tried system restore but it's dose not help.

Mike;
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812248
Or
Follow this link:
Line 48, Right column "Disk Cleanup - Compress..."
Save on Desktop.
Double click the icon once downloaded.
The icon can then be discarded.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

>I have windos XP home and when I try to run disk cleanup it will start to
> check compressed files and the hard drive will start running at 98 to 100
> percent. Then it just stays like that for hours, till I restart my
> computer.
> I have tried system restore but it's dose not help.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

>I have windos XP home and when I try to run disk cleanup it will start to
> check compressed files and the hard drive will start running at 98 to 100
> percent. Then it just stays like that for hours, till I restart my
> computer.
> I have tried system restore but it's dose not help.

Compress old files has never worked very well and it probably never will.
Kelly has a script on his/her help pages that will disable this function.
This
function may also disable your legacy hardware (floppy).

TRENDING THREADS