Looking for Netgear DG834G Wireless Router Kit Bundles [UK]

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
January 3, 2005 10:49:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

I'm trying to find the cheapest bundles for the Netgear DG834G v2 Wireless
Router in the UK. Has anyone seen any really good bargains on this product?

Thanks
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 3, 2005 11:01:32 PM

"***JB" <ignore@ignore.com.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm trying to find the cheapest bundles for the Netgear DG834G v2 Wireless
> Router in the UK. Has anyone seen any really good bargains on this
> product?
>
> Thanks

pcworld were doing the router for £44.99, not sure if that's still the case.

Bal
January 3, 2005 11:20:27 PM

"Bal" <uknews1@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "***JB" <ignore@ignore.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to find the cheapest bundles for the Netgear DG834G v2
>> Wireless Router in the UK. Has anyone seen any really good bargains on
>> this product?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> pcworld were doing the router for £44.99, not sure if that's still the
> case.
>
> Bal
>
>Think you may have missed it - it was only available for 3 days after Xmas.
>Now £79.99 on website. Won't rub it in by saying I got one at the lowere
>price.....
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 4, 2005 7:36:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

"***JB" <ignore@ignore.com.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm trying to find the cheapest bundles for the Netgear DG834G v2 Wireless
> Router in the UK. Has anyone seen any really good bargains on this
> product?
>
> Thanks

I recommed the BELKIN WIRELESS PRE-N MIMO ROUTER 8x Greater coverage than
802.11g 6x Greater speeds than 802.11g.

£103 PC World
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_...
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 4, 2005 11:03:17 AM

"Chris" <aardvark99@(remove)lineone.net> wrote in message
> >> I'm trying to find the cheapest bundles for the Netgear DG834G v2
> >> Wireless Router in the UK. Has anyone seen any really good bargains on
> >> this product?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >
> > pcworld were doing the router for £44.99, not sure if that's still the
> > case.
> >
> >Think you may have missed it - it was only available for 3 days after
Xmas.
> >Now £79.99 on website. Won't rub it in by saying I got one at the lowere
> >price.....

£61.27
(£71.99 inc VAT) at http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/product.asp?pr=DG834GV2

Graham
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 4, 2005 11:53:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 04:36:31 -0000, "oO
°" <Oo_2003(remove2reply)@aol.com> wrote:

>I recommed the BELKIN WIRELESS PRE-N MIMO ROUTER 8x Greater coverage than
>802.11g 6x Greater speeds than 802.11g.

Tis not hackable like the Linksys one:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20200
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 5, 2005 4:27:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

>I recommed the BELKIN WIRELESS PRE-N MIMO ROUTER 8x Greater coverage than
>802.11g 6x Greater speeds than 802.11g.

How do you get 8x 'greater' coverage when the output is by law limited to
100mW, same as any other wifi ?
Does it come with 24" parabolic dish ?
Regards,
Martin
January 5, 2005 12:40:35 PM

***JB wrote:
> I'm trying to find the cheapest bundles for the Netgear DG834G v2
> Wireless Router in the UK. Has anyone seen any really good bargains
> on this product?

I have one of these and can highly recommend it. I also got a WGE101
wireless bridge. However, be warned Netgear support is atrocious. They WGE
developed a fault and they have had it since November on a "by return" swap
out. No amount of pleading , phoning or emailing will get them to tell me
what is happending. Actually that is not true, they make up a different
excuse every time!
!