chkdsk log location

I know chkdsk is supposed to create a log file, but I can't find it or
any "Scandisk" log, either. Where are they?
Thanks.

-Steve
3 answers Last reply
More about chkdsk location

    Go to Start > Run and type: eventvwr.msc /s , and hit enter.
    When Event Viewer opens, click on "Application", then scroll
    down to "Winlogon" and double-click on it. This is the log
    created after running Checkdisk.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Steve" wrote:

    | I know chkdsk is supposed to create a log file, but I can't find it or
    | any "Scandisk" log, either. Where are they?
    | Thanks.
    |
    | -Steve

    A million "thank you's" for your speedy reply!

    -Steve

    On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:29:56 -0600, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
    <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

    >Go to Start > Run and type: eventvwr.msc /s , and hit enter.
    >When Event Viewer opens, click on "Application", then scroll
    >down to "Winlogon" and double-click on it. This is the log
    >created after running Checkdisk.

    On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:29:56 -0600, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"

    >Go to Start > Run and type: eventvwr.msc /s , and hit enter.
    >When Event Viewer opens, click on "Application", then scroll
    >down to "Winlogon" and double-click on it. This is the log
    >created after running Checkdisk.

    As a matter of interest, how is a user supposed to *smell* that ChkDsk
    will hide its log under "Application", "Winlogon"?

    "This bahaviour is by design"?
    What kind of 'design' is that?

Chkdsk Microsoft Windows XP