Arkham city performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I bought GTX560Ti's for an SLI setup and THANKFULLY got the game for free from EVGA (via Steam). It's going to be a great game to play, but I will not play it until the patches come out. With DX 11 enabled it's a stuttering slideshow. I did purchase the hardware, in part, to play this game, but the upshot to any hardware investment is that you get to improve your gaming experience across the board.

Restaurants don't serve half-cooked food to expectant customers and MOST customers won't eat half-cooked meals in silence. No chef would say, "Yeah I know the chicken is a little raw, but serve it anyway so we can say we served it in a timely manner. When they're half way through eating their undercooked chicken, send out...
Turn off the DX11 options. Rocksteady screwed up their DX11 implementation, causing massive performance issues when DX11 is enabled. On my system with DX11 on in Arkham City, I get a lot of microstuttering and massive framerate drops into the single digits. We're going to have to wait for a patch to fix this problem if you want to play with DX11 enabled.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

+1

Amphoteric

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
I bought GTX560Ti's for an SLI setup and THANKFULLY got the game for free from EVGA (via Steam). It's going to be a great game to play, but I will not play it until the patches come out. With DX 11 enabled it's a stuttering slideshow. I did purchase the hardware, in part, to play this game, but the upshot to any hardware investment is that you get to improve your gaming experience across the board.

Restaurants don't serve half-cooked food to expectant customers and MOST customers won't eat half-cooked meals in silence. No chef would say, "Yeah I know the chicken is a little raw, but serve it anyway so we can say we served it in a timely manner. When they're half way through eating their undercooked chicken, send out another plate of properly cooked food so the last half of their meal is somewhat decent."

Yet we continue this lousy dance with the software folks. We buy it, knowing, or rather expecting a broken mess, we wait patiently for them to fix the things that we know will make a difference to our experience, and we have absolutely no recourse.

Unlike restaurants which know I can get my chicken from just about ANY other restaurant, software vendors know we CAN'T go anywhere else for our Batman (insert title of your choice here) experience.

Oh well. At least there's Skyrim and other games I'm reinstalling to try out the new hardware with old titles.

The game will be decent once the DX11 slideshow gets fixed.

Solution

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

I hear you mate and I agree with you, but at least Rocksteady are giving us PC gamers DX11 surport, be thankful for that. They could of easily given us another console port, like most devs do.

Status
Not open for further replies.