Tim

I was receiving a "profile is corrupted, will create a temporary one"
message. Later the account was deleted but a user profile of Unknown account
is still listed in the user profile list. The file is still quite large,
119MB, so is there any way of getting back the files which were in the My
Documents folder?

Thanks!
[Tim]

Hi Tim,

Have a look at this MSKB article, "Windows cannot load your profile because
it may be corrupted error message when you try to log on to Windows XP" and
the links provided within it:

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was receiving a "profile is corrupted, will create a temporary one"
> message. Later the account was deleted but a user profile of Unknown
account
> is still listed in the user profile list. The file is still quite large,
> 119MB, so is there any way of getting back the files which were in the My
> Documents folder?
>
> Thanks!
> [Tim]

Tim

Thanks. This was helpful.

[Tim]

"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> Have a look at this MSKB article, "Windows cannot load your profile because
> it may be corrupted error message when you try to log on to Windows XP" and
> the links provided within it:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=318011
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I was receiving a "profile is corrupted, will create a temporary one"
> > message. Later the account was deleted but a user profile of Unknown
> account
> > is still listed in the user profile list. The file is still quite large,
> > 119MB, so is there any way of getting back the files which were in the My
> > Documents folder?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > [Tim]

You're welcome :)