Sign in with
Your question

Skyrim very laggy and unplayable

Last response: in Video Games
November 23, 2011 11:09:58 AM

So I tried everything to help my brother I recently made him a rig identical to mine

win7 ultimate
i7 2600k
sli gtx 560's
CM 750 PSU
8 gig gskills ram
asrock z68 MB

on my rig skyrim runs fine 60 fps all the time on ultra with AA and AF on 2. But on his machine its running at 2 fps all the time and 10-15 in windows mode I told him to reinstall drivers, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to wonder what it could be.

Any feedback would be much appreciated
November 23, 2011 11:20:38 AM

It may be that its not using the GPU's but attempting to run on the HD3000. Disable the IGP in the bios...
November 23, 2011 11:32:55 AM

Try to disable SLi and give it another go, it seems this game's got some issues with it right now.
Related resources
November 23, 2011 11:34:51 AM

^+1
check that all fans are working

Edit: meant to +1 the disabling of integrated gpu
November 23, 2011 12:49:31 PM

tekmage said:
I've compiled most of the tweaks/fixes here. try these and hopefully they will help.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/115196-13-skyrim-expe...

bud, you doing a good job by putting that topic toghether. But don't turn into an ignorant slob who just flies around the forum looking for "skyrim" in the title and dropping your "look at my thread" link, without even bothering to understand the problem.
November 24, 2011 1:24:24 AM

AntiZig said:
bud, you doing a good job by putting that topic toghether. But don't turn into an ignorant slob who just flies around the forum looking for "skyrim" in the title and dropping your "look at my thread" link, without even bothering to understand the problem.

point taken. but I didn't realize that was what I was doing.. too many energy drinks.
!