Sign in with
Your question

Fallout 3 crashes when making a new saved game

Last response: in Video Games
November 23, 2011 12:20:00 PM

I have recently acquired a copy of Bethesda's Fallout 3 and when I booted up the game and tried to create a new saved game, it crashed on me before it even started. This problem continues to occur every time I try to make a new game and I have no older file to choose from. My computer meets requirements to run the game on a medium graphic option, but to be safe I have set graphics to low for best performance. Please help me in resolving the issue. (Windows 7 by the way)
November 23, 2011 11:23:27 PM

Are you using an integrated graphics core and not a discrete graphics card? The game does not recognize integrate graphics core like the Intel HD 3000 core in Sandy Bridge CPUs.

What are your PC's specs?
m
l
December 11, 2011 7:51:04 PM

jaguarskx said:
Are you using an integrated graphics core and not a discrete graphics card? The game does not recognize integrate graphics core like the Intel HD 3000 core in Sandy Bridge CPUs.

What are your PC's specs?

i believe i have the um integrated graphics core (specifically the one u mentioned above) and am having problems running Fallout 3, i cant even start a new game
m
l
Related resources
December 12, 2011 5:58:07 AM

Since Fallout 3 (and Oblivion) does not recognize integrated video cards, you'll need to download a D3D9.dll file. It tricks the game into thinking that there is something like an nVidia 8600GT installed. You will need to decrease the default settings so that Fallout is playable on your laptop.

http://gtacrimeworldhome.webs.com/d3d9.rar

I have personally tried it on my laptop just to test out how capable the Intel HD 3000 is for Fallout 3. My laptop actually has an nVidia GT 550m. The D3D9.dll file must be in the same directory as Fallout3.exe. This file was originally created for Oblivion as part of the "Oldblivion" project.
m
l
December 20, 2011 7:53:06 PM

I have Intel HD 3000 and I put the D3D9.DLL File and it still won't work for me.
m
l
December 21, 2011 2:19:47 AM

Is it in the same directory as the Fallout3.exe file?

Unfortunately, I can't help you beyond that.

m
l
December 21, 2011 5:34:57 AM

jaguarskx said:
Is it in the same directory as the Fallout3.exe file?

Unfortunately, I can't help you beyond that.

yes it is in the same directory so I am a bit stumped.
m
l
Anonymous
May 19, 2012 1:41:12 AM

jaguarskx said:
Since Fallout 3 (and Oblivion) does not recognize integrated video cards, you'll need to download a D3D9.dll file. It tricks the game into thinking that there is something like an nVidia 8600GT installed. You will need to decrease the default settings so that Fallout is playable on your laptop.

I have personally tried it on my laptop just to test out how capable the Intel HD 3000 is for Fallout 3. My laptop actually has an nVidia GT 550m. The D3D9.dll file must be in the same directory as Fallout3.exe. This file was originally created for Oblivion as part of the "Oldblivion" project.

Thanks It Works Fine Your The Best Your Like King Of Fixing Problems Thanks Again :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :) 
m
l
June 10, 2012 3:41:16 AM

jaguarskx said:

HI i just ot fallou and i have an integrated card... i can run oblivion prefectly, never had a problem but cant get passed the new game button in fallout so how do i "trick" it into thinking i have something else
m
l
!