sometimes randomly my computer cuts of and stats back up again and i
get this error

http://img15.exs.cx/img15/1430/error1yb.jpg

--
Posted using the http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ interface, at author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Perform-Maintain-error-comp-cuts-ftopict245837.html

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q317277
You Receive a "System Has Recovered from a Serious Error" Message After Every Restart

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316424
Error Message: The System Has Recovered from a Serious Problem

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
Scroll down to serious error

"Taurarian1" wrote:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q317277
> You Receive a "System Has Recovered from a Serious Error"
> Message After Every Restart
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316424
> Error Message: The System Has Recovered from a Serious Problem
>
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
> Scroll down to serious error
>

> "thamasta" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message

> > sometimes randomly my computer cuts of and stats back up
> again and i
> > get this error
> >
> > http://img15.exs.cx/img15/1430/error1yb.jpg
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ interface, at author's request
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> > http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Perform-Maintain-error-comp-cuts-ftopict245837.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=750282

i use
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3D41A046-0E2C-429F-8F40-F30014ADC3BB
and it says
"setup has detected that the service pack version of the system
installed is newer than the update you are applying to it.

You can only install the update on a computer with no service packs
installed"

This serious error problem could be caused because of corrupted System Restore (Event
ID 1003)
To fix the problem:
1. Control Panel / System.
2. Select the System Restore tab.
3. Check the Turn off System Restore box.
4. Press OK and press Yes to confirm.
5. Shutdown and restart Windows XP.
NOTE: You may still receive The system has recovered from a serious problem message.
6. Control Panel / System.
7. Select the System Restore tab.
8. Uncheck the Turn off System Restore box.
9. Press OK.
10. Shutdown and restart Windows XP.

You will lose all your restore points but you can manually create a restore point
after you have cleared the old ones.

Also see Kelly's link
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
Scroll down to serious error for other ideas, especially the paging file.