Keypad number will not work '3'

January 4, 2005 7:37:03 PM

A short while ago, the number three on my numeric keyboard stopped working.
It appeared at first that it would occasionally work in some applications.
I've tried just now, and it works in no word processors or XL or Internet
Explorer. The other numbers work well. The only three I can't assess is on
the top row of the keyboard.

What can cause this? Should I get a new keyboard? How can I troubleshoot
the keyboard or some other possible cause of this problem?

Sorry, Not sure what group this should go into.
thank,

More about : keypad number work

Anonymous
January 4, 2005 10:47:28 PM

Try a different keyboard with your computer. Problem solved? Then replace
your keyboard - they're quite inexpensive.

Ted Zieglar

"Larry Jordan" <LarryJordan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A short while ago, the number three on my numeric keyboard stopped working.
> It appeared at first that it would occasionally work in some applications.
> I've tried just now, and it works in no word processors or XL or Internet
> Explorer. The other numbers work well. The only three I can't assess is
> on
> the top row of the keyboard.
>
> What can cause this? Should I get a new keyboard? How can I troubleshoot
> the keyboard or some other possible cause of this problem?
>
> Sorry, Not sure what group this should go into.
> thank,
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 10:47:29 PM

Thank you Ted,
I got about doing just that. It may be easier than trying to locate the
problem. I guess there are still uses for an old keyboard.

Larry,

This message was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 8. Any
errors in spelling or content are not the fault of the undersigned.
==================
"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> Try a different keyboard with your computer. Problem solved? Then replace
> your keyboard - they're quite inexpensive.
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Larry Jordan" <LarryJordan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >A short while ago, the number three on my numeric keyboard stopped working.
> > It appeared at first that it would occasionally work in some applications.
> > I've tried just now, and it works in no word processors or XL or Internet
> > Explorer. The other numbers work well. The only three I can't assess is
> > on
> > the top row of the keyboard.
> >
> > What can cause this? Should I get a new keyboard? How can I troubleshoot
> > the keyboard or some other possible cause of this problem?
> >
> > Sorry, Not sure what group this should go into.
> > thank,

January 4, 2005 11:58:40 PM

"I guess there are still uses for an old keyboard."

My three year old finds lots of uses for them.

> Thank you Ted,
> I got about doing just that. It may be easier than trying to locate the
> problem. I guess there are still uses for an old keyboard.
>
> Larry,
>
> This message was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 8.
> Any
> errors in spelling or content are not the fault of the undersigned.
> ==================
> "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
>
>> Try a different keyboard with your computer. Problem solved? Then replace
>> your keyboard - they're quite inexpensive.
>>
>> Ted Zieglar
>>
>> "Larry Jordan" <LarryJordan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >A short while ago, the number three on my numeric keyboard stopped
>> >working.
>> > It appeared at first that it would occasionally work in some
>> > applications.
>> > I've tried just now, and it works in no word processors or XL or
>> > Internet
>> > Explorer. The other numbers work well. The only three I can't assess
>> > is
>> > on
>> > the top row of the keyboard.
>> >
>> > What can cause this? Should I get a new keyboard? How can I
>> > troubleshoot
>> > the keyboard or some other possible cause of this problem?
>> >
>> > Sorry, Not sure what group this should go into.
>> > thank,

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 12:08:26 AM

... like hitting Daddy?.. or the cat?.. :)

> "I guess there are still uses for an old keyboard."
>
> My three year old finds lots of uses for them.
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Larry Jordan" <LarryJordan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you Ted,
>> I got about doing just that. It may be easier than trying to locate the
>> problem. I guess there are still uses for an old keyboard.
>>
>> Larry,
>>
>> This message was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 8.
>> Any
>> errors in spelling or content are not the fault of the undersigned.
>> ==================
>> "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
>>
>>> Try a different keyboard with your computer. Problem solved? Then
>>> replace
>>> your keyboard - they're quite inexpensive.
>>>
>>> Ted Zieglar
>>>
>>> "Larry Jordan" <LarryJordan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 12:08:27 AM