Reg Edit

Hi, Please forgive my igornance if I am explaining things weirdly...I am a
computer illiterate. Okay when my windows service pack 2 update
downloaded...I noticed some weird things..It seems I no longer have
flashplayer...and there are some thing on my computer that I need flash
for...An example is...when I try to get help for my photo shop and try to
play the product tour...a window pops up telling me that flash.ocx is
corrupted or missing a file...needed to run...it suggests using reg
edit...but I have no clue what to do...also if I try to download flash from
macromedia...nothing happens...Please help if you can...any information would
be most appreciated...Thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about edit

    Macromedia Flash Player Download Center
    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:C3BEE379-63AE-4048-A354-30A4CA3D23A4@microsoft.com,
    SherrySJ <SherrySJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi, Please forgive my igornance if I am explaining things weirdly...I
    > am a computer illiterate. Okay when my windows service pack 2 update
    > downloaded...I noticed some weird things..It seems I no longer have
    > flashplayer...and there are some thing on my computer that I need
    > flash for...An example is...when I try to get help for my photo shop
    > and try to play the product tour...a window pops up telling me that
    > flash.ocx is corrupted or missing a file...needed to run...it
    > suggests using reg edit...but I have no clue what to do...also if I
    > try to download flash from macromedia...nothing happens...Please help
    > if you can...any information would be most appreciated...Thank you

    Macromedia - Flash Player TechNote :
    Flash Player will not install after updating Windows XP to Service
    Pack 2
    http://snipurl.com/bs56 and for more possibilities.
    http://snipurl.com/bs57

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    SherrySJ wrote:
    > Hi, Please forgive my igornance if I am explaining things
    > weirdly...I am a computer illiterate. Okay when my
    > windows service pack 2 update downloaded...I noticed some
    > weird things..It seems I no longer have flashplayer...and
    > there are some thing on my computer that I need flash
    > for...An example is...when I try to get help for my photo
    > shop and try to play the product tour...a window pops up
    > telling me that flash.ocx is corrupted or missing a
    > file...needed to run...it suggests using reg edit...but I
    > have no clue what to do...also if I try to download flash
    > from macromedia...nothing happens...Please help if you
    > can...any information would be most appreciated...Thank
    > you

Flash Computers Windows XP